Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Z06 Torch/Mod with A&A procharger installed and tuned by Andy putting down 550 RWHP. Exedy dual disk clutch fFLP long tubes. IForged 19 and 20's with 80% tread on Mich. Lowered with Eradispeed rotors. Custom stereo Alpine 7998 with Mcintosh 5 chanel amp and stealth box with 2 layers of dynamatt extream throughout the car. Cosmetically in very good condition and the thing flys. Trying to price this is tough with all the mods. I know I will take a beating on this but I am interested in real world predictions. Car has 18000 miles on it and only 3000 since the supercharger went on.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
She's worth 40 to 42G's :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Sadly people will lowball you with $33,000 offers. It really sucks trying to sell a C5 Z06 at this time :(

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Wait for the right buyer, one that wants your mods. You're probably gonna take a hit, but waiting for the right guy will lessen the blow.

I'm upside down as well. My position is never sell, so you never realize a loss. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, yeah I really don't want to think about selling her but I may just have to.

Any other advice?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah. Avg. for an `02 Z is around 32-33K dep on mileage and condition. Figure the MOON if you can realize 33% of the cost of your mods - and THAT will depend upon a potential buyer WANTING more or less your mods. Also, the car will continue depreciating as we approach the fall model year change.

Good luck!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I am guesstimating 37500.00 she should go at that price.
Or else you need to put it back to stock and waste a lot more time and money to get 33 for the car and 6 in parts.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
$36k-$38k...good luck

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Modifications add virtually no value to a resale unless you find a buyer that wants exactly what you have done to the car and is willing to take a chance on a modded car. Even then you will take a big hit on the return of the money you spent on the modifcations. It is even more so when you are in the "have to sell" position. Typically 02s are going for $30K to $32K depending on the mileage, warranty status, tire life and overall condition. Good luck!

·
Registered
362 Posts
zee for sale

Its worth what somebody is willing to pay you for it....
and what you may let it go for....I have a 422 mti motor in my z06 that I am curious as heck as to whats it worth....
fiske wheels, skunk werkes body pkg, and a killer motor...
to part with it....approx 50 u.s. or it stays put...
Dont let some dealer ream you....good luck...and wait for the right offer....

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good luck man, something I have seen is people suck and are cheap asses.... They know what your car is worth but will low ball you with ridiculous offers if they think you HAVE to sell something... For some of the BS offers I have received I would keep my car (and if I hated it which I don't) I would still let it sit and rot rather than sell to some of these jackasses!

But please don't ask my opinion! I'll give it to you!

Chris

It is almost like dealing with dealers...I mean stealers... They sell you a car made of gold and if you trade it back it is worth 10K less than when you bought it... Even if you got 9500 off because of the new model year change...

Almost like the dealers that are looking for 35K offers on ebay over the base price of a C6 Z06.... Can we say 90 ZR1? that people paid 100K for and now if you are lucky it is worth 23K.... No I did not buy one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts