Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any opinions on what an '02 Z06 (w/opts) will sell for in today's market? The car only has ~1200 miles. It is a QS w/mod red int. and registered in CA (located in SF Bay area).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Considering you can buy a brand new one right now for MSRP - $1500 discount (or more)- $2002 rebate...............

·
Registered
243 Posts
Why do so many Vettes sell cheap after a few miles and one or two payments?

WE MAKE THE USED MARKET!

G

·
I believe the world events have quite a bit to do with the depreciation of the entire used car market, not just Corvettes.

For years the corvette has held exceptional value.

Just a side note..for you guys who traded in their C5's early on for the 44-46 thousand dollar selling price of the Z......I remember guys like rat getting 33 grand or somthing as a trade in....for his 99 FRC..I could be wrong on the specifics but I know it was better than the values available today so although many of you feel shafted..

Please don't..LOL

G

·
So Rick..do I understand that a used 2002 would lose less than 10% of its value....

I think thats pretty impressive actually..

Try selling any other one year old car and see what your depreciation would be..

I have seen new 2002 ZO6's with 9 miles going for 45.5K. The economy sucks and the public in general is very concerned about financial future scenerios.

So if used ones go for 44,900...holly crap..thats awesome.

Quick silver with the mod red interior is certainly a striking combination..One that I have seen in person and truly admired.

I would imagine you will sell that car in about 2 seconds in the california marketplace. I hear the dealers out there love to gouge people..

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately, the "local market" in my case is Silicon Valley, which has been hit very hard by massive layoffs and economic recession most of last year and especially since 9-11. To wit, my low mileage '96 LT4 has been up for sale since last Spring with no takers. (Anyone interested, please let me know by private e-mail).

JB, you're right. Some dealers are discounting a few K off MSRP and then there is the $2002 rebate incentive campaign. However, "local dealers" by and large, here in the SF Bay Area, even with economic conditions (and stock market) in the toilet, have been indiscrimately gouging the market for some time. Any discounting off MSRP has been virtually non-existant.

However, just recently "used" '01 Z06s have been showing up on dealer's lots at about $4-5k under MSRP.

Rick, the one you mentioned is a very low mileage "2002" Z06, correct???

$44.9k for a "slightly used" 2002 Z06 seems a bit low unless it has some minor cosmetic problems or more than a few thousand miles.

Has anyone else heard of any other recent '02 sales? What are they selling for?

·
Registered
224 Posts
dont worry

dont worry yall, its not just vettes im trying to sell a car in mint condition and have people offering me crap for it!! Ive just decided to put it up for 100bucks above what i owe to get it off my hands!! lol OH well if anyone needs a honda in mint condition.lol HOpe yall get what you want for your cars!!
Take care!:guiness:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts