Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here guys.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Danny,

I've got a 160 thermostat and a throttle body bypass(I'm in hot Southern California). Just had my PCM tuned by Steve Cole @ The Turbo Shop. He set the fans to come on at a lower temp., and eliminated the cags light from coming on. These 2 changes go along with the electronic engine tuning. He sells a product called The Power Loader that you can buy from one of our Vendors-It's about $500.00......HyperTech doesn't have one to date for the Z06.

Without the Engine Tuning, you can buy the cags for $20.00, and get a fan relay/switch. I remember seeing both items on A&A Engines, and I'm sure most vendors carry these items.

HTH:)

Barry

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
There are fan controllers that Vinci or Breathless offers, they are adjustable. I am sure our supporting vendors sell them, the Powerloader or having your computer reprogrammed will work as well. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gents!

This powerloader sounds interesting. A little expensive for fan control though. Has anyone done some dyno work that shows power gains or is it one of driveability things?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Danny, with my level of mods, you'll get 5 to 8 more hp. If you redo the heads and cam, it is much more important to do the PCM. When I do the heads and cam, I'll get the Power Loader chip optimised for about a $100.00. Once you buy the Power Loader, you own the unit and can ship it back to Steve Cole for updating.

If your immediate goal is to get the fans to come on sooner, get the fan controller. Also, you might want to get a lower thermostat and some Redline Water Wetter:)

HTH,
Barry

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Barry,

Thanks for the information, I was reading your sig. Pretty impressive mods! What are frame savers?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Danny,

Frame savers are little wheels positioned under the front of the Vette to protect the front portion of the frame if you hit a dip, like in a driveway. Echlers has slides, but I much prefer the little wheels. It's a must if you lower the car. Also, you might consider Rocker Rollers. Both products were created by one of our vendors, Andy Green @ A & A Engines. You can check out A & A in the Vendor's section of this website. I believe they have pictures of both products. They are not expensive, and will protect your Z:)

HTH,
Barry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts