Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought me a stock Z about 2 weeks ago, and was curious to know the best way to achieve about a hundred or so more horses. keep in mind the car is 100% stock. thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Headers, Heads and cam is the best way. :cheers:
Magnuson will give you a 100-125 plus
ATI will give you 150 plus

·
Registered
290 Posts
To answer your question there are multiple ways to acheive 100+ horsepower on your Z06. What do you plan to use it for? Track drag racing? Road racing? Or the occasional street race?

As your Z06 sits, it is putting out about 350-360 rear wheel horsepower (RWHP)

You could add headers and a cam. This will put you at about 420rwhp or so. About 3k for this depending on where you go.

You could do a heads/cam package. There are ones out there that would give you that 100 hp and put you at 450rwhp. This is good for low 11's/high 10's at 125+ in the 1/4 mile.

You could put a NX/TNT 100hp nitrous kit. Base kit is around 700$. You would need all the safety items plus the cost of installation and dyno tune. This will put you at close to 500rwhp/565rwtq. Will trap 126+ with this kit.

You could also supercharge. ATI, magnason, vortech to name a few. This kit will put you in the 450-550rwhp range. Will set you back about 7-12k depending on what kit you go with.

It all depends what you use the car for. If you just use it for the occasional street race then the nitrous would be a good way to go. Everything drives stock and you have 100+ horsepower with the push of a button. And it is relatively cheap power adder and only have to use it when you "need to". With the Z06 as powerful as it is, you will hardly ever come up to anyone where you would have to use it. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
You can check out prices with our vendors on the left hand side of the site. I see your from texas. You can check out MTI and 21 CMC, both supporting vendors and check out there sites or call them with any questions you might have.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
who should i look up for some pricing and the h/c package?

I used 21CMC and they did a great job on my car. Call John at 972-417-7177

Chris

·
Registered
387 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
i bought me a stock Z about 2 weeks ago, and was curious to know the best way to achieve about a hundred or so more horses. keep in mind the car is 100% stock. thanks :cheers:
Define "best way"...

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Yep, that was my first thought....what does "BEST" mean.

As in least expensive?

Easiest to do?

Smog legal?

Stealth?

:thumb:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
01ZEE06 said:
Yep, that was my first thought....what does "BEST" mean.

As in least expensive?

Easiest to do?

Smog legal?

Stealth?

:thumb:
well here it goes: i want to spend around the $2k area(maybe a little more if need be), something that isnt going to require a lot of labor time(i am NO WHERE NEAR BEING MECHANICALLY INCLINE) and something that will hopefully still honor my warranty. thanks for the replys...... :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
well here it goes: i want to spend around the $2k area(maybe a little more if need be), something that isnt going to require a lot of labor time(i am NO WHERE NEAR BEING MECHANICALLY INCLINE) and something that will hopefully still honor my warranty. thanks for the replys...... :thumb:
Honestly speaking, 2k wont get you a H/C or S/C car. The labor alone may cost more than that. (Sure did for me)

I would recommend a 75 shot of nitrous, a good CAI (Honker, Vortex, or Vararam **in that order), a tune, and a set of racing brake pads and fluid(Pageant, Cobalt, or Hawk, AP fluid). :thumb:

Should be right aroung 2k. Its cheap, relatively easy to install, and it will get the job done w/o killing your engine. You can take it out whenever you want and you can still do a H/C or S/C in the future.

Whatever you do, Dont try to do a cheap H/C or S/C job :NoNo: , just wait and do it right the first time when you can. Piece meal cars always turn out to be more costly and not always better.

Good Luck! :mug:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts