Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I have grown weary of the vendors on other forums constantly pushing their products in the course of regular thread posting. How is that going to be handled over here, or do the members like that stuff? Maybe I'm the only one.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I tend to agree with you but everybody has to make a living and we do not have to read them.
My .02

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
The official stance of this site is NOT to accept payment nor "contributions" from vendors in order to push their products.

However, they are more than welcome to post new products or exisiting sales etc in the New Products area.

Marketing within the main discussion areas is strictly prohibited.

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts
David,

I'm going to let JC answer this one. He owns the site. We discussed it a little early this morning. Vendors have to know that the site will remain uncensored and that they nor their products are either supported by or endorsed by Z06vette.com.

We are trying to do the right things and JC is footing the bill. JC is more interested in providing us with an excellent Forum and isn't to worried about the vendors at this point.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Let me add another caveat to my previous statement.

On occasion I understand that a vendor may want to offer a discounted product to us like other forums.

I agree that this can be a good thing, so I will probably add another forum category for this purpose. A place to discuss their products and answer any questions away from the main traffic areas.

We all know what products are out there and I think this would be a suitable compromise for all parties involved.

As Frank mentioned, this board will not be controlled by public opinion on what is right or wrong, its an exchange of FREE information and will remain as such.

We will not be censored, nor will threads be locked for petty arguments or disputes on products. We are all adults and we can settle things amongst ourselves.

Enough said. I hope that this boards policy finds acceptance with 100% of our users.

If it does not, or you have comments, please email me at the address provided below.

Happy Z06'ing and thanks for all the support.

------------------
JC

2001 Blk/Blk Z06
Lloyds Z06 Mats, !CAGS, Halltech TRIC, Autobuffs Decals, Zaino
Pics
[email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CorvetteSS:
Personally, I have grown weary of the vendors on other forums constantly pushing their products in the course of regular thread posting. How is that going to be handled over here, or do the members like that stuff? Maybe I'm the only one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many forums are little less than sales arms of snake oil salesman. I, for one, find it tiring after a point.

It would be refreshing to see such stuff kept in a particular area. Talk that is straight-up is always preferrable to pushing this that or the other gimcrack of the week.

1fastdog

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I was very disheartened to learn that there are some people on the other forum receiving "contributions" and pumping the vendors products to us in return. It's deceiving and and goes against everything that an open forum is for... an honest exchange of info.

I don't mind of people pushing products. Some of it is interesting. But, I think, if you're going to push a product, "FULL DISCLOSURE" remarks should be added for fairness... just like reporters that report on stocks give FULL DISCLOSURE.

I can respect a persons opinion on a product no matter how he/she got it as long as they're open so that I can make my decision on how I'm gonna spend my hard earned money knowing all the facts. Otherwise, we should hang their name out to dry to let everyone see what kind of "friend" they are.

Don
QSZ06

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N4C5S:
The official stance of this site is NOT to accept payment nor "contributions" from vendors in order to push their products.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
154 Posts
SS I have to agree with you...

I am a Vendor on the other forum (that I enjoy) but too get frustrated some times with the Car salesmen mentality that sometimes goes on! You can see by my post count only being around 300 or so in two years that I don't post much but only when needed.

Somewhere along the line the focus was lost! I will still support the forum because it is a great asset to us Corvette owners but sometimes I wonder!

Noel

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a suggestion. How about a product feedback area. There could be a thread for each product, and then everyone that buys the product and uses it on their car can provide their own HONEST feedback on it.

This could include dyno results, 1/4 mile times, or just plain SOTP where appropriate.
Obviously a set of floor mats has no gain in HP, but people can still post if they like them or not.

An overall rating could then be generated giving a more true reflection of the consensus of opinion about each product.
www.audioreview.com uses this system for rating stereo equipment, and it works very well.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Rg/Noel,

I have nothing against vendors, quite the contrary and certainly don't mind you guys offering deals to the users.

If asked about a product, I see no reason not to be able to reply in public areas.

You may also post whatever you wish in the product area and if you need something else, let me know and I'll see if we can accomodate you.

Welcome to the forum.....

------------------
JC

2001 Blk/Blk Z06
Pics
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by N4C5S (edited 01-16-2001).]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Suggestion: Regarding vendor policy. Why not require any vendor promoting products on this forum with a specific HP gain to PROVE IT with some sort of legitimate dyno results.

I realize this is a dicey proposition, after all what are "legitimate dyno results"? Maybe someone with extensive dyno knowledge can come up with a criteria (i.e.: full scan of dyno sheet with conditions and correction factor?)

Just a suggestion. Great forum.

------------------
2001 Z06
Quicksilver
Museum Delivery
Thanks Tom Rogers
Top Speed so far 170 (at old airport)

[This message has been edited by MJM (edited 01-16-2001).]

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
N4C5s,

I think the special section for GP's that occur, in their own area, would be good for your Membership. Links to purchase areas elsewhere could be used. There is incentive to bring down pricing based on volume and need and you guys certainly buy parts for your '6's.

What if a vendor is asked about a product? Is it ok to answer openly, or should we offer to email the person.

There are several Z06 specific items coming out soon.

RG

Full Disclosure:
www.xmotorsports.com owner

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Thanks for all JC, I hope as adults, we can make our minds up whether a product we are ordering is what we want. I would hope that most of us do our own search to make sure a product is what it is promised to be. The vendors on this site do not go out of their way to push anything on anyone. I do like the idea of having a forum to discuss product info and trade ideas and to see how happy others are with them.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'm with you JC. I'm with you. Understood :thumb:

N4C5S said:
Let me add another caveat to my previous statement.

On occasion I understand that a vendor may want to offer a discounted product to us like other forums.

I agree that this can be a good thing, so I will probably add another forum category for this purpose. A place to discuss their products and answer any questions away from the main traffic areas.

We all know what products are out there and I think this would be a suitable compromise for all parties involved.

As Frank mentioned, this board will not be controlled by public opinion on what is right or wrong, its an exchange of FREE information and will remain as such.

We will not be censored, nor will threads be locked for petty arguments or disputes on products. We are all adults and we can settle things amongst ourselves.

Enough said. I hope that this boards policy finds acceptance with 100% of our users.

If it does not, or you have comments, please email me at the address provided below.

Happy Z06'ing and thanks for all the support.

------------------
JC

2001 Blk/Blk Z06
Pics
[email protected]

·
Registered
576 Posts
When I saw the Frank Calmes post, I knew this had to be a very old thread.

GOLD72 :z:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
When I saw the Frank Calmes post, I knew this had to be a very old thread.
Over three years old! :jawdrop:
Must've taken a serious review of old threads to dig this one up. :D
That is dedication! :cheers:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts