Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told AC-Delco PF44 but when I went to get it at the Chevy dealer, they gave me AC-Delco PF46 and told me that this one replaced PF44 and is the right one to use.
Is that correct?

Also, is changing my own oil in the car will void the warranty?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
That is the new correct # GM changed it to.

Jack

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Save your receipts when you change your oil to prove it in case of need.

Jack

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes, PF44 was replaced by PF46. I like Amsoil filters myself. There are plenty of good non GM oil filters out there ... have been many threads discussing it. Just do a search for "oil filter" and you'll see more info than you can handle. :yeadog:

Doing your own oil changes will not void the warranty. Just keep records of date/mileage/oil and fitler used, etc.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Zmydust said:
I've been told AC-Delco PF44 but when I went to get it at the Chevy dealer, they gave me AC-Delco PF46 and told me that this one replaced PF44 and is the right one to use.
Is that correct?

Thanks
Amsoil or K&N. If you run sythethetic, make sure your filter is also engineered for synthetic as most of the cheaper filters are not. The synthetic oil molecules are smaller and more consistent so you can run a filter cabable of filtering smaller particles.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick info everyone. This site rocks!!! :thumb:

ScDFACHE said:
Amsoil or K&N. If you run sythethetic, make sure your filter is also engineered for synthetic as most of the cheaper filters are not. The synthetic oil molecules are smaller and more consistent so you can run a filter cabable of filtering smaller particles.
Thanks, that's a good tip. I assume then that the AC Delco PF46 is designed for synthetic oil, right?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Zmydust said:
Thanks
Changing your own oil or filter will not void your warranty assuming you follow the owners manual requirements for oil changes, which are to change it when indicated per the oil life monitor on the DIC or at one year, whichever comes first. I would also recommend you follow the owners manual requirement for the oil, which is to use an oil meeting GM Standard 4718M.

AMSOIL filter part number for Z06 is SDF32. :cheers:

AMSOIL SDF Oil Filter

AMSOIL Ordering Information
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Brad,
What are all the AMSOIL part numbers I need for a daily driver Z06. I'm talking oil, tranny fluid, and diff fluid as well as the oil filter.

Once I get back to FL here in month or two I'll be giving you or DJWorm a hollar.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
185 Posts
JETBLU said:
Delco Ultra Guard Gold UPF44...the best! :jammin:
Actually, the UPF44 doesn't flow very good cold and was causing my motor to tick on startup. I got rid of it and installed a Baldwin. Tick is gone and has not occurred since. There is an oil filter study that shows the relative flow/filtering ability of the various brands. It was done for a boat, but the filters are standard size and give a pretty good indication.

Oil filter study

·
Registered
289 Posts
vettenuts said:
Actually, the UPF44 doesn't flow very good cold and was causing my motor to tick on startup. I got rid of it and installed a Baldwin. Tick is gone and has not occurred since. There is an oil filter study that shows the relative flow/filtering ability of the various brands. It was done for a boat, but the filters are standard size and give a pretty good indication.

Oil filter study
Interesting. I've been using Ultraguard Gold Oil Filters on all my cars for years without any problems. I have an independent oil filter study that shows a Graph of Resistance to Flow (cold oil)...with Ultraguard Gold coming out on top! Here's a quote from the study..."Ultraguard Gold has 100% synthetic wire-backed media with more small consistently sized openings. This minimizes differential pressure resistance to flow while filtering particles as small as 8-10 microns. The graph shows the Ultraguard Gold filters nearly 4 gallons per minute of cold oil at a differential pressure of 10 PSID (typical bypass valve opening pressure). Compare that with the WIX Sport Truck Brand which filters only 2.3 gallons at this pressure... or the Mobil1 filter that handles just 1.6 gallons. With Ultraguard Gold you ensure that a good supply of filtered oil is always going to your engine to effectively reduce wear."

Hope this confuses you even more ;-)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I use AC-Delco PF44 :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts