Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what other were doing as far as cleaning the Black One.
I have had black cars in the past and everytime I washed them, it seemed like I was doing some damage to the paint
. Thanks in advance for all replies.

------------------

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I would use a cotton wash mitt, and do not use a sponge. Dry your car with 100% cotton towels made in the USA. Use a good quality car wash, and polish or wax your car a few times a year and your car will look nice.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
I use the "soft" cotton towels to wash my Blk Z not to dry it. A few years back I decided to use my backpack blower to dry off my cars, man does it work great
. I will never risk scratching again....Bonus, it even blows leaves!!!

------------------
Blk/Torch, Lloyd Z06 Mats, C-Fiber Rear Z06 Plate,V1/remote
Constant Smile while Accelerating!

·
Registered
98 Posts
For washing I use a cotton wash mitt with Zaino car wash. For drying I use the California Water Blade (this is an absolute must.) Follow up drying with the Absorber and finally, finish with Zaino gloss enhancer using 100% cotton white bath towel. Note the California Water Blade and the Absorber can be purchased at Pep Boys and the cotton towel (only used for the Z) should be a brand name (Fieldcrest (Kohl's has good sales), Martha Stewart (at K-Mart, but they work fine.) Another tip - after using the Absorber, the paint may still be damp in areas, but I still spray the gloss enhancer on and proceed with a towel.

This works well for my black Z. Also, as you know, waxing regularly protects paint.

This is just my technique.

------------------
2001 ZO6 BLK./RED

·
Registered
601 Posts
No matter how you wash it, finish it off with Zaino. It's amazing on my black 67.

------------------

2001 Torch Red Z06

·
Registered
566 Posts
A trick I learned from a guy who shows cars:
When you wash the car, have two buckets. One with the soap, and one filled with water to rise the soft cotton wash mit out in after you do a section. That way, you are always putting a clean wash mit into the soapy water, and not getting more dirt in the saop to scrape around on your car. Change the rinse bucket water a time or two, as well. This is ESPECIALLY important for black cars.

------------------

Quicksilver Z06 Moon
KN w/Modified Air Box

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Good tip Dennis!!! I rinse my cottom mitt off before I put it back in the wash bucket everytime I do a section.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts