Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could do anything for a living, what is your ultimate fantasy automotive job?

Dave

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Head of Corvette Development. I'd make you a car that you would all love and only a few could afford. :blush:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
snakecharmer said:
Test driving and product evaluation of new models. I'd love to have first hand input into what the final product looks like.
I agree! I'd love to test drive for Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc... :yeadog:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Using someone else's bankroll to search, buy, and drive collector cars for a museum or personal collection. Travel all over the world, drive on famous tracks, all of history's coolest cars, including new cars & high end models, all your expenses paid, great carshow parties, races, etc...somebody stop me.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
After working hard since i was 16 and owning many Vettes and muscle cars back in the 60's and 70's. I retired early and get to drive my Z and my newly purchased 75 Vert. MY Brother and I also just purchased a 70 Baldwin Motion L88 Nova that is going thru a frame off. I think have i have the perfect job, sleep till noon, go for a swim and drive my Vettes. Plus, living in FL. for 20 years, i get to enjoy them year round. I'm my own boss, pay is good, and can't beat the sick days or vacation time.:lol:

Jack

·
10,998 Posts
Head driver on the Z06vette.com racing team at the Mustang Ranch, Nevada division...:zboobie: ;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'd take a job at Car and Driver/Motor Trend etc---Playing with cars for a living...and writing you impressions. Well, the writing may be a pain, but trashing someone elses car to do a "story"---does it get any better than that?

·
Banned
809 Posts
gbjerke said:
I'd take a job at Car and Driver/Motor Trend etc---Playing with cars for a living...and writing you impressions. Well, the writing may be a pain, but trashing someone elses car to do a "story"---does it get any better than that?
Outside of a racing career, I'd love to work for a magazine or be a factory test driver for Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini or one of the other sports car manufacturer's.

Being a factory driver, you don't have to water down anything for the sake of the advertisers if you don't like something. Well.. Unless you worked for Top Gear.

Sal

·
Registered
74 Posts
Working at a private race track and getting rides in Carerra GT's and Lotus's while getting freebies from the manufacturers on top of seeing cars like real-deal Shelby Cobra's signed by the man himself to Champ Cars testing. And yes, this is what my job involves as an EMT and a corner worker at a private race track in Joliet, IL.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I love great cars, but women come first. I want to drive the Playboy bus.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Factory test driver for Ferrari. It would give you the chance to master a few courses and tracks. Then apply that knowledge and skill to the worlds finest performance automobiles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts