Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the market for a FRC for a few months now. I came across the following '00 model recently. I want to get a few opinions first.

2000 Red FRC
-active handling
-NO HUD
-NO cd changer (Bose)
-75k miles
-bone stock w/ the exception of a K&N filter
-interior & exterior are in GREAT shape

He's asking $21,500, but has already said he's come down a few hundred $$. So what's up guys?

-Tucker

·
Registered
806 Posts
Sound's like a fair price to me. :ity:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Retail Value is $21k

Fair market Trade in is $11k,so thats how much he would see if he took it in to a dealer

Retail Value includes somekinda of Warranty, must be really clean, everything must be in working condition, and an Inspection is to be included, and ofcourse no maintenance is to be needed in the near future

If this is a owner selling, to be worth retail, he doesnt really have a way of warrantying or guarantteing anything incase something happens, but he is some kinda of original owner, or had it almost since new and those are mostly babied or highway miles then $20k would be worth it to you, If he is someone desperately trying to sell it $15k would be what he/she would see IMO :cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
COUTO1981 said:
Retail Value is $21k

Fair market Trade in is $11k,so thats how much he would see if he took it in to a dealer

Retail Value includes somekinda of Warranty, must be really clean, everything must be in working condition, and an Inspection is to be included, and ofcourse no maintenance is to be needed in the near future

If this is a owner selling, to be worth retail, he doesnt really have a way of warrantying or guarantteing anything incase something happens, but he is some kinda of original owner, or had it almost since new and those are mostly babied or highway miles then $20k would be worth it to you, If he is someone desperately trying to sell it $15k would be what he/she would see IMO :cheers:
Thanks for the reply. He is the second owner. Only had it for 8 months. The vehicle has never been registered out of NC, which is where I live. I'm pretty sure he's not desperate to sell it, just making room in the garage for something different. I ran a carfax on it, and it looks good, but I know carfax isn't the end all for showing things. So $20k would be top dollar on this vette?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
TSDuke said:
Thanks for the reply. He is the second owner. Only had it for 8 months. The vehicle has never been registered out of NC, which is where I live. I'm pretty sure he's not desperate to sell it, just making room in the garage for something different. I ran a carfax on it, and it looks good, but I know carfax isn't the end all for showing things. So $20k would be top dollar on this vette?

I say if you really want it and its in true great shape work between $15k but no more then $20k

luis

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a 2000FRC with extra options from original owner. Had 100,000 miles on it with all recalls done and new rings due to issues with this model using oil. All dealer serviced and all freeway miles, still had original brake pads with 40% left. It was an older guy who babied it. No one believes the mileage. paid 18,000 and am completely happy. It's only worth what you are willing to pay. If you loose it, will you be kicking yourself. Only 2090 made in 2000. Not many to go around, Average about 40 cars per state. :usa:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
2000FRC said:
I bought a 2000FRC with extra options from original owner. Had 100,000 miles on it with all recalls done and new rings due to issues with this model using oil. All dealer serviced and all freeway miles, still had original brake pads with 40% left. It was an older guy who babied it. No one believes the mileage. paid 18,000 and am completely happy. It's only worth what you are willing to pay. If you loose it, will you be kicking yourself. Only 2090 made in 2000. Not many to go around, Average about 40 cars per state. :usa:

Congrats, Original owner is a way to go with these kinda of cars, at least if they are ownest you know its complete past :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts