Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to my Z and this Board, but what in the heck is meant by Torque Management I see referenced here on posts? Thanks, I considered myself a notorhead before, but this one must have slipped by me!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Torque management is a program by which there is a reduction in power, to save wear and tear on internal power-train components.
Now, if for some reason, the driver begins to get aggressive, then this feature kicks in. There is nothing that can be programmed with the Tech 2 to reduce or eliminate this feature. This must be done with LS1 edit or similar program. It is there for very important reasons, which I have only listed one.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do a search, you'll find a bunch of info. It seems as though raising the torque management number too high can disable active handling and/or traction control. Top right side of the page for the search function :cheers:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ITLGo..I should find out what this LT1 edit is too. I can't believe they give us 400 pounds torque then steal it away from us --it's like taking a kid thru a candy store and saying he can only look.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
firsttimevette said:
Thanks ITLGo..I should find out what this LT1 edit is too. I can't believe they give us 400 pounds torque then steal it away from us --it's like taking a kid thru a candy store and saying he can only look.
Amen to that. :bmad:

Here's what I use for torque managment.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I read all about Torque Management in the past posts. This must be what I've experienced during my agressive upshifts and the engine bogs down momentarily. Those damn GM engineers have too much time on their hands! Makes me long for the tunnel ram, dual four barrels days once again!!

·
Registered
971 Posts
firsttimevette said:
New to my Z and this Board, but what in the heck is meant by Torque Management I see referenced here on posts? Thanks, I considered myself a notorhead before, but this one must have slipped by me!
My Right Foot. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts