Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what people's lap times are in the z06 (long course).

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
WGI long course record

The track record in T1 is 2:08.204 95.473 set by Bill Ziegler on 07/11/04 .

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Glen Lap Times

Most of the Rolex GT cars were running 1:57 to 2:02 in qualifying a few weeks ago. The lone Corvette qualified at 2:01.

The GT record is held by Joao Barbosa at 1:52.066.

The all time Long Course Lap Record from 1980 still stands.
Alan Jones in an F1 Williams at 1:34.068!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm only interested in Z06 times! :usa:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Absolutely, I put the other numbers up there for target values depending on preperation. Following are respectable times for a Z06 in various stages of preperation:

Stock: 2:10 to 2:20

SCCA SS/ASP/T1: 2:08 to 2:10

SCCA SM2/Solo I Time Trials: 2:00 to 2:08

SCCA WC/Grand AM: 1:57 to 2:05

AMLS C5R/SCCA GT1: 1:52 to 2:00

Note that times for the current long course configuration will be slower with the "Bus Stop" chicane in the back straight.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. With the bus stop in place, I was getting 2:24's consistently. I was pretty within my safety zone, so I bet I could take a few seconds off if I pushed it. My car is bone stock.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a video from Chris Ingle (wtknght1) running at a DE. He was not pushing real hard judging by extended braking distances and engine sounds. Using the video timestamp as a timer, he runs super consistent 2:10s when not impeded by slower cars. This included the "Bus Stop".

I will be back at the Glen next week with Trackmasters. I will try to time a few laps to see how slow I really am.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The record is now held by John Heinricy at a 2:04.225. I was running under the track record in my second session at the track, so it is MUCH faster now (compared to 2004).

I never got to run a clean lap on good (fresh) tires, so I can only guess that I have a 2:06 in me, but no proof.

I watched Ingle's video to prepare for the race, and it was very helpful. But you are right, he was being pretty conservative.

PS: Don't downshift into 3rd gear to enter the Bus Stop.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
That's over 4 seconds! What happened? New car?
First time John was at the track in a T1 carand the track is faster this year compared to last (some smoothing of the track and curbing).

·
Registered
891 Posts
First time John was at the track in a T1 carand the track is faster this year compared to last (some smoothing of the track and curbing).
First time... don't you just hate it when they do that! :yeadog:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Yes, but consider how many times JH has been there in other cars.

He and I were talking during the weekend, and just some of the stories that he remembers is like 100Xs the experience I have (or 3/4 the T1 field).

The guy knows what he doing setting a car up, and he really, really knows how to drive one. The combination of raw talent, developed skill and years of experience is a hard one to beat.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can we see the video?!
kmagvette said:
I have a video from Chris Ingle (wtknght1) running at a DE. He was not pushing real hard judging by extended braking distances and engine sounds. Using the video timestamp as a timer, he runs super consistent 2:10s when not impeded by slower cars. This included the "Bus Stop".

I will be back at the Glen next week with Trackmasters. I will try to time a few laps to see how slow I really am.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think you'll have to ask Chris. He records some of his sessions at various tracks and sells the video, over 2 hrs worth, for around $20. Considering what we spend on DE's (don't forget the car cost) I think it was a great investment - I felt like I knew the track, including flag stations, before I ever drove it.

SubwOOer, how far upstate are you?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm the guy they are talking about. The Video I have (Tracktapes.com) is from a driver's school I did in 2004 with Car Guys. I use the schools to burn up really old tires and brakes and scare the crap out of my students (he he - j/k). The WG video is over 2 hours long and is on DVD. It's $20 if you're interested.

They apparently have improved the track some. Heinricy is normally 1 - 1.5 seconds faster than anyone else. He was the only guy driving a vette that was faster than me at last year's runoffs, so I'm guessing that anywhere between a 2:05 and 2:10 is really smokin!

Let me know: [email protected].

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I'm the guy they are talking about.
Yes, you're the one, but you are only seeing the "nice stuff." You should hear what we say about you in person... :lol: ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
David Pintaric said:
Yes, you're the one, but you are only seeing the "nice stuff." You should hear what we say about you in person... :lol: ;)
HA HA HA HA
Hey, it couldn't be any worse that what my ex says about me!!!!!! :p :bs: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts