Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of times would a stock Z06 have in the 1/4 mile with a modified intake and drag slicks on the car?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Dr Ron,

I liked the video in your sig. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
With me behind the wheel, mid twelves. With Powershifter or one of the other Hot Shoes on this forum it will run at least 1/2 of second faster. :D

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've run 12.36 with only a vortex and a 2.12 60foot time, so you should be able to shave 2 tenths with drag radials, hence the 12.1 estimate.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
Dr Ron,

I liked the video in your sig. :thumb:
Note to self: remove Dr. Ron's video from my website :lol:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
FirstGear said:
What kind of times would a stock Z06 have in the 1/4 mile with a modified intake and drag slicks on the car?
I think everyone missed the point of the drag slicks, It will go 11s with just slicks, with alot of practice it will go mid 11s, so I think the number you're looking for is 11.60s @ 117mph

·
Registered
71 Posts
With practice and a DA of less than a 1000 I think you could hit 11.6s.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
I'd say upper 11's to mid 13's, but as Rob said, depends on weather & a lot on the driver...
Ron
Yeah, that's more realistic. Only a handful of people would approach mid 11's with just an intake and drag radials. I bet on a perfect, day/track, a mid 1.5x is possible with MT drag radials or even bfg dr and couple that with some of the runs you guys have made and your haulin'.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks to everyone with the comments....what kind or RPM launch has people been experiencing with drag slicks on the car to get the good times....and that was with power shifting?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
robz said:
Yeah, that's more realistic. Only a handful of people would approach mid 11's with just an intake and drag radials. I bet on a perfect, day/track, a mid 1.5x is possible with MT drag radials or even bfg dr and couple that with some of the runs you guys have made and your haulin'.
Hey Rob! I know because I've basically been on both ends of that range!!! I'm still seeking the 1.5x 60' though...
Ron

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I went to the Gators last weekend. Man those TFs can fly. [email protected] makes *anything* the Z can do, stock or modified, seem horribly, horribly puny by comparison.

Heck, even the guys that lost traction on launch and had to come out of it, still usually managed 9 second runs.

Nearly makes me weep.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts