Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I find out which shift forks (aluminum or steel) and fuel system I have. Could the dealer tell me, or is there someone here who knows the vin # cut off for these things? My car was built 12/03.
Thanks.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
What is the Vin number of your car?

Steel shift forks were in February, 2003. Fuel system changeover was around with VIN number ending in 35114929, built on November 22, 2002. You should look in your glove box for the service part identification label. You will find FFS on the label. Some reports show it starting with vin 111542. However not all FFS cars got the new label. Car's with the FFS fuel system do not have a serviceable fuel filter which in now located in the tank. The earlier non FFS cars, the filter is located just before the left rear wheel. :cheers:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do the FFS cars all have the steel forks? Did they change at the same time? I know I have FFS, but not sure about the fork. Also, why is the FFS worse than the old system (other than being in the tank)?

Thanks,

adam

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info! I knew one of you senior guys would know. My car was built 12/02, not 03 like I said. It has ffs on the glove box. So it looks like I have the aluminum shift forks and the newer fuel system. The worst of both! :mah: Sigh.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
itchynackers said:
Do the FFS cars all have the steel forks? Did they change at the same time? I know I have FFS, but not sure about the fork.

Thanks,

adam
Looks like my ffs car has the aluminum forks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
itchynackers said:
Do the FFS cars all have the steel forks? Did they change at the same time? I know I have FFS, but not sure about the fork. Also, why is the FFS worse than the old system (other than being in the tank)?

Thanks,

adam
From what I understand the ffs system is only good to about 500 horspower before it runs out of steam, and there is not an easy way to upgrade it. If you don't have big mods planned, its not that big of deal. I would also like access to a filter.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Not sure what Lingenfelter did then. I just got the maggie package with them and they got over 500rwhp. I know they change the pump. Not sure what else they do.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
117146, Dec 02 ... FFS and it appears aluminum forks ... if i have "shifting problems" or "jumping out of gear" problems, and am under warranty ... do I get new steel forks? :idea:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DennyM said:
117146, Dec 02 ... FFS and it appears aluminum forks ... if i have "shifting problems" or "jumping out of gear" problems, and am under warranty ... do I get new steel forks? :idea:

I hope so!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
is there a cutoff number for the shift forks? or just the fuel?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts