Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many different manufacutures of short shifters are there for the 6 speed? I heard Hurst was supposed to have one soon too.

Which one is the 'best'? Sorry, I'm sure this question has been asked a hundred times /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
People will probably respond here, but try search up top. Then stick "shifter" in there, there's a ton of shifter posts....

Most go with the Ripper or Kirban....

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm using a Ripper with a Race Air Leather Momo knob.

There are several good shifters out there. Carl loves the Kirban.

Whatever you choose, throw the stock shifter in the trash!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll do the search option too, but if anyone still wants to respond here (maybe with some udated info), then please do so /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Question: What's the problem with the stock shifter? I've had my Z06 for almost two months, and the shifting has loosened up and seems fine now. What advantages and changes do you get with the "ripper" shifter? I notice many people have them. Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Jim, if you know someone in your area that has an aftermarket shifter then you must check it out, either the Kirban or the Ripper is such an improvement you would not believe your driving the same car. The stock shifter weights about 2 lbs and once out of the car you can really see how cheap it is. The aftermarket shifter have a much shorter throw and there is much less chance at missing gears with the aftermarket shifters, the Ripper has a tighter spring than the Kirban, but the Ripper has a shorter throw than the Kirban.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts