Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LG longtubes, x pipe and borla stingers, 3:90 gears w/ 295 drag radials and a vararam? my buddys did 371rwhp. that sounds kinda low. but im not sure being that he has the 3:90 gears. we were excepting 380-385. also would a asp pulley help him?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
30th T/A said:
LG longtubes, x pipe and borla stingers, 3:90 gears w/ 295 drag radials and a vararam? my buddys did 371rwhp. that sounds kinda low. but im not sure being that he has the 3:90 gears. we were excepting 380-385. also would a asp pulley help him?
A pulley will give you around 5 RWHP. They are pain to change. Most change them when they do a cam and not many do it as a one item change. :cheers:

·
Registered
186 Posts
needs a tune he'll see the gains. i picked up 30 rwhp, sitting at 380 right now, with a halltech trap and ls1 edit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
371 does seem low unless he hasn't tuned the computer using 100 octane, then it's about right.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
30th T/A said:
Seems in the ballpark to me.
i dynoed around 365-368 with long tubes and 3.90 gears and tune.My friend Steve,vone on this forum, did the same mods minus the gears at the same tuner and dynoed around 383 rwhp. So, the gears seem to rob 12-17 hp on the dyno. I'll get you the torque numbers to compare if you like. My car has always run strong on the track.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Short gears, like 3.90's effect Dyno HP. Dyno's do vary. :cheers:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
robz said:
Seems in the ballpark to me.
i dynoed around 365-368 with long tubes and 3.90 gears and tune.My friend Steve,vone on this forum, did the same mods minus the gears at the same tuner and dynoed around 383 rwhp. So, the gears seem to rob 12-17 hp on the dyno. I'll get you the torque numbers to compare if you like. My car has always run strong on the track.
thats what i was wondering. i didnt think 3:90s would suck that much power though, i figure about 5 rwhp. his first baseline run in cincinatti was 352 but they told us the dyno was very conservative after that we went to ls1 source in cleavland and on that dynojet he made 366 for his 1st baseline there.....14rwhp difference!! after the tune he ended up making 371.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts