Corvette Z06 Forum banner

What should i expect 06z06 with edelbrock

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Z O S!CK 
#1 ·
So I just ordered a edelbrock eforce supercharger and am about to get the full cat-less exhaust coming and am wandering what to expect for horsepower and torque and if there is anything else you guys would recommend (without getting into the motor) I plan on getting it set up to run 5-6 psi and will be having it tuned (by a shop NOT the tune that edelbrock includes)

#3 ·
from research; 30-35% boost in whp, 430whp x 1.30 = 560-580whp. that is zr1 range and completely reliable if you stay at 5-6psi.
from experience; you'll have to wait till I finish building my motor ~2016. ;)

Just remember Pics, or it didn't happen. :)

#4 ·
What year us your Z?
Also:
If you haven't done so...Check the heads too (exhaust valves) last thing u want to do is put that bad boy on then KABOOOOM!!!!! I would also beef up the trans, but that's all dependent on your style of driving.

#5 ·
Exhaust vlave is one thing to check. But the trans?

The trans is fine, even built ones are not going to handle more power unless you shcange input/output shafts. and even my levl 5 RPM is not that. its built to handle rough driving not more power.

Ypu should be fine clutch may not like life. but if on street tires probably fine.

#6 ·
Edelbrock rates the system at 657 horsepower and 582 ft/lbs. of torque with the E-Force Supercharger system. I would expect about that much depending on tuning. Your stock tranny should cope with that load no problem. I would also second the suggestion to see what is going on with the heads and valves while you are at it.

Good luck, keep us posted.

#9 ·
It is a 2006 and I started the instal of the edelbrock e force, I am doing it in my garage and only have a few hours each night for it so it will take a few weeks I figure. So far I have been very impressed with the quality and fit of the parts and the level of detail in the directions is exactly what is needed. Color pics where needed and none where they are not. Ill keep posted and get some pics up soon

#10 ·
Ok, so I finally have the first round of upgrades installed. I got the E Force installed with cat-less Stainless Works headers and cross over pipe, and the Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust. After the day on the dyno at Powerlabs in Shelly ID, the Z is putting down 570 hp and just over 600 ft/lb torque. If anyone is in this part of the country and is looking for a great tuner I would HIGHLY recommend Jeremy with Powerlabs, the experience was great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.