Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Z06 I really like, actually he has 2 identical ones I like,

02 19k miles for $35,900
03 15k miles for $36,200

This is at a Chevy dealership, what would YOU offer him for either? Will more than likely go with the 03 since they are so close in price, but knowing its at a dealership, what price would you offer and what amount would you settle on or not go higher than? Ive got a blank check waiting, but dont want to pay what he is asking, just something ive always done. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
uthustler said:
Found a Z06 I really like, actually he has 2 identical ones I like,

02 19k miles for $35,900
03 15k miles for $36,200

This is at a Chevy dealership, what would YOU offer him for either? Will more than likely go with the 03 since they are so close in price, but knowing its at a dealership, what price would you offer and what amount would you settle on or not go higher than? Ive got a blank check waiting, but dont want to pay what he is asking, just something ive always done. Thanks
Where are they located? What dealerships? I would consider the 02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I got a '02 blk/blk w/ 13k miles for 32k from a private party in MN. I could see you getting that for the '02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Frustrating for me also - I'm looking for an '02/'03 Millenium Yellow and every dealer I find (all out of state mind you) will not budge on the price.

I a dealer today with an '02 listed for $37K, and he will not come down at all. Frustrating to say the least. He's out of his mind. It's almost like they'd rather sit on them than sell them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
So for $300 more you get a 1 year newer car with 4K less miles.

You should see if the dealer is sleeping at the wheel or something.

Offer on the 03.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
I'm with Mike. ALSO, consider that the 01's and some of the early year 02's had seal problems with the engine. It wouldnt even be a choice, I'd buy the 03.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
To help you accurately compare, you should find out the in service dates for both. That way you will know how much warranty is left on either one(if any). The 03 could have been put into service before the 02, no reason to assume anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
$33k is fair for the 02
$34k is fair for the 03
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
The 03 is a good price. I paid 36,500 for my 03 EB ZO6/11,500 mi. from a private party. As long as the 03 is in tip top shape, it's worth every penny -but you will have to pay taxes at a dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,484 Posts
My area of FL. have been seeing 03's with 4-5K on the clock go for around 36K. With that kind of mileage on the 03, i would offer 33K and see how bad they want to sell.

Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
the o3 price is not bad for this neck of the woods...show him 35 large real and firm and the car is yours but but but...qualify the car first and make sure it's ok...Good Luck :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Snobike Mike said:
So for $300 more you get a 1 year newer car with 4K less miles.

You should see if the dealer is sleeping at the wheel or something.

Offer on the 03.

salesman was shady when i asked him about that. He said, "well, you know how it goes, sometimes we have more in certain cars than others, so we have to ask a little more."

I was like, "WTF, uh ok."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,339 Posts
uthustler said:
Found a Z06 I really like, actually he has 2 identical ones I like,

02 19k miles for $35,900
03 15k miles for $36,200

This is at a Chevy dealership, what would YOU offer him for either? Will more than likely go with the 03 since they are so close in price, but knowing its at a dealership, what price would you offer and what amount would you settle on or not go higher than? Ive got a blank check waiting, but dont want to pay what he is asking, just something ive always done. Thanks
both are the same color? black int?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,273 Posts
uthustler, I paid $37000 for my 14000 mile 03 from Crest last June. Here in the Dallas area these cars are still running in the mid 30's for an 03. I would go for the 03, tell them 35K and see what they do. Crest wanted 41k for mine, but I really didnt want it, we were looking at a G35 SC for my wife; we stopped and looked at the Z06 and my wife liked the color and said lets get it. I didnt want it so I gave the salesman a number I "knew" he woudlnt accept. The SOB did now I'm stuck with this damn car. :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Millenium Z06 said:
uthustler, I paid $37000 for my 14000 mile 03 from Crest last June. Here in the Dallas area these cars are still running in the mid 30's for an 03. I would go for the 03, tell them 35K and see what they do. Crest wanted 41k for mine, but I really didnt want it, we were looking at a G35 SC for my wife; we stopped and looked at the Z06 and my wife liked the color and said lets get it. I didnt want it so I gave the salesman a number I "knew" he woudlnt accept. The SOB did now I'm stuck with this damn car. :yeadog:
wow, so you think $31 or $32k would be decent to offer on the 03?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
2002 ZO6 for sale

Mine is still for sale. $32000 14000 miles torch red black interior, new rear tires, drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, cags, K&N filter, hood seal. Still under factory warranty until 3-28-05.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,534 Posts
ZO6BUD said:
Mine is still for sale. $32000 14000 miles torch red black interior, new rear tires, drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, cags, K&N filter, hood seal. Still under factory warranty until 3-28-05.
Under Warranty until Monday?
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top