Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you kept everything else on an 02' stock. No tune, no new clutch, etc. And would you still change plugs? Thanks.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
100 shot and change the plugs to non platinum :cheers:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks. I guess I will go 100 wet and change the plugs to NGK TR6's. Looks like most guys are using the NX kit.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have done quite a bit of information gathering and NX is what I would choose. TNT & NOS seem to be good also. But I got more positive responces on the NX brand.

Some people put 125 & 150 shots on stock motors & claim no problems. Many will say you do not need to pull timing with a 100 shot. NX says to pull 4 degrees with a 100 shot. Don't forget a WOT, window, & fuel pressure safety switches. Even with these you can hurt a motor if something goes wrong. So I am wanting to be extra safe, and I am looking for a safety switch that will shut down the system if the AFR gets out of range. Gap the TR6s at .035

Make sure to keep the traction contol off when spraying or you could be real sad. :cry: I think your wet choice is good.

Call John Phillips the Tech. rep at NX 888-289-6261 with any questions. Listen to whoever makes the kit you buy. They have the most experience. Don't listen to well meaning friends etc. I have talked to several shops that install nitrous and have found some to have given poor advice. :-?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was told by some shops that 180 shot direct port was safe as long at the fuel pump held up. I wouldn't go above 150 with a wet kit though and 75 or 100 with a dry kit. Change ur plugs out to be safe and always run good gas.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
100 shot from either tnt, or NX, with a window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, and WOT switch and you should be fine on stock programming with NGK TR6's (copper) gapped at .35 or so. I know CrazyeeZ06 did that and picked up well over 100 at the wheels with just a vararam and a catback. I think his numbers were somewhere around 495/594 (nitrous makes insane amounts of torque....for every hp you throw at it you usually see @ 2 ft/lbs.) Not a bad deal in my opinion. I run a TNT kit on my truck with teh 502 and I've put a good 10 bottles through it without any complaints. I also happen to have a kit for the Z sitting in the box for when someone gets under my skin talking smack and needs to be humbled.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yea a 100 shot would work great. Go with TNT IMHO.
No need to pull timing, use there pills and it should be perfect. With their recommendations my a/f was perfect at 11.7, nice and safe.

Also use a MSD window and have it spray at 3000rpms and turn off at 6400rpms.

Car is running great and making a ton of power. Im thinking about spraying a 150 but havent grown the balls yet! :bang:

With just a halltech intake and GHL catback she made 494rwhp 565rwtq SAE. :eek:

Headers, a tune and a 150 shot I expect 560+rwhp 660+rwtq. :cheers:

Good Luck :jammin:

-Zee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts