Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for an inexpensive set up- ive seen people use 16" firebird wheels and Drag Radials- is this the way to go for the track ?

thanks all...:cheers:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If you use firebird wheels check out slp. They sell takeoffs for like $50 apiece last time I looked. I ended up buying camaro wheels for my firebird from someone locally. Swap meets are good too.

If you want 17's or 18's there are plenty of good places to get them (our vendors). Maybe the 17's in grand sport size - 17x11 so you can put some monster meats back there.

Let us know what you go with.

chris

·
Registered
327 Posts
16x8's will NOT fit. I tried to bolt some stock '98 Camaro rims on my '02 Z06 and it bolts up fine, but contacts the two "knuckles" on the rear upper A-arm. Not much material to grind off. I was thinking of grinding it off so I could run some 26x11-16 ET Streets, but since I blew up something in the rear of my Z06 tonight on stock street tires I don't think I need slicks :/

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just got a set of CCW Wheels 16X10 M/T ET Streets 26/11.50/16
Very soft tire and the wheels look great. You do have to grind about a 1/16 off the top of the cap that covers the upper ball joint. This is to clear the wheel.

I think you can also get some ZR1 wheels with 50mm offset, I think they are 17's and then go with a set of Nitto's which will give you some good traction as well.

None are cheap though. So far my best 60' time is 1.75 going from 2.1 and 2.2's Makes a big difference.

Hope this helps,
Ernie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts