Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the stock tire configuration, what tire setup would you guys suggest. I am looking for tire brand mainly.

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
bobby778 said:
Goodyear F1--stay with factory original. :thumb:
I agree. The F1's are freaking awesome. They let you slide the car around without ever really being out of control. Fairly quite on smooth pavement too. Watch out for standing water and heavy rain, but that goes for any brand tire this wide.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. Had a full set (stock sizes) put on yesterday, and have about 500 miles on them allready... wondering why I didn't change sooner. Excellent grip, better ride on the highway, and QUIET. I didn't even realize how noisy the F1's were.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I just bought the Nitto R2's. The F1's just dont cut it for any kind of full throttle off the line acceleration, banging 2nd gear or hard cornering or twisties. Plus Discount tire dont carry the F1's and I got interest free financing through them and Tire Rack doesnt offer any financing.

Rain wasnt a tire consideration since it wont be driven in it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport IIs rock. They look great, are slightly little wider than the SCs, are quiet, and are definitely the best tire for water management. I've been driving on them in a lot of rain and they're great. I had SCs before and they were loud, and tended to break away more often than my new PSIIs. Haven't tried the Nitto's...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once you try Nitto R2s or Pilot Sport IIs you will never go back to the Goodyear F1s.

The Nitto R2s are practically race rubber and plain awesome, they have a ton of traction. I'm making 390RWHP and with the Nitto R2s I almost have TROUBLE breaking them free when the tires are fresh. With the stock F1s I was all over the place! The Nittos are cheaper than the F1s as well, but tire life is a little less.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced my 2nd set of f1's with the newest toyo proxie. it is called a t1r. way less road sound and the dry traction is good wet traction is great.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Firestone Wideovals. Great for both wet and dry traction. Won't have the same dry grip as the F1's but for the price...they are great. I got the rears for $207 per tire.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the reply's. I will make a decision by tomorow. Thanks again.

mike.
:guiness:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
wantazo6 said:
Thanks for all the reply's. I will make a decision by tomorow. Thanks again.

mike.
:guiness:
If you like spinning your tires all through first, half of 2nd and "chirping" 3rd stick with F1's or any similar treadwear tire.

I like putting all my hp to the ground....Have you played soccer or any sport on wet grass with running shoes? Tried cleats? Thats a good comparison.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I only saw one reply on the Firestone Fire Hawk Wide Oval - and it was positive. I'm looking myself and I was surprised at all the positive reviews on Tirerack.com for this tire. Maybe not as good if you are taking the car to the track but for on the road driving even if you drive the Z hard they sound great, and you can not beat the price performance - Fronts are 145 each and rears are 188. Anyone else have these?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts