Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want to spend the full blown model amount unless it is really worth it for 12 number storage but was curious who has what and what they thought was worth it or not.

Thanks
:thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Longacre Memory. I find the 12 memory spots very helpful. The most helpful readings are done in the middle of a session when you come off the track directly into the hot pits without cool down. Usually a crew member will take the temps quickly and then send you back to the track. Without the memory function someone would need to write down the data which is a bother.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got my Longacre 12 Memory model, new in the box, for $75 on E-Bay. I spent a few months looking for it at that price though.

Measures at the cord, not the surface, and saves them for analyzing later. I can even look at how the tires looked a couple of races ago to spot any alignment changes.

So far I love it, but for $385....

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I've got a non-memory longacre... It is a BITCH to take temps and keep everything straight. I wouldnt buy one without the memory ever again.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Longacre here also. It is the "probe" type that will give you better readings than the infrared "surface temp" style.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So memory sounds key.
They have one for $299 that has the memory but can't double as a multiple stowatch also. But for an extra $100 that may be beneficial also.
Hmmm... sounds like memory is the way to go though.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Longacre Memory with probe is a good buy and a great tool.

I would suggest keeping the stopwatch seperate.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just ordered through Discovery Parts.
Got the deluxe with the stopwatch because it was only $20 more than non-stopwatch version and I couldn't tell if standard had some of the other nice little features.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I use the little radio shack one.. very inexpensive and works well/quickly.. Just write the #s down - read 'em off to a friend to write down..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts