Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting the custom Pro Charger setup from A&A at the end of this year, and I want to know what I need to do to strengthen my bottom end. I know plenty of people have run 6-7 psi on stock bottom end with no problems, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, plus with a stronger bottom end I could run higher psi; I'd like to have over 500 rwhp on my "02 coupe. Would forged pistons, new pushrods, etc. be enough, or will I have to shell out a couple grand for a forged crankshaft? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The best person to ask is Andy. IMO for 500 RWHP nothing is needed. Much above that forged pistons and rods. The crank is plenty strong. :z:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I plan on modding my Z in another year or so, my previous car I owned was procharged.....F1 that made 660rwhp....pretty much a drag race setup.....

This time around, this is what it will consist of....

76cc chamber 6.0L heads, AFR's most likely...to get as low comp ratio as possible on the stock motor, probably get close to 9:1
Stock bottom end, my motor doesn't use a drop of oil, so I'll keep it....
A&A kit for sure, 8 rib, w/the intercooler, most likely upgrade to an F1 blower....
I'm sure a boost-a-pump will be needed w/some 60# injectors, bigger rails, lines, etc.....
7-8psi......should make over 550rwhp and be able to daily drive on 93 octane...
And of course some sort of stage 3,4,5 clutch ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IT L GO said:
The best person to ask is Andy. IMO for 500 RWHP nothing is needed. Much above that forged pistons and rods. The crank is plenty strong. :z:
Exactly what I wanted to hear :D

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I am going through this issue right now. I had Andy's kit and was pushin 568rwhp till it blew the rings on cylinder 7. I decided to just get a new longblock from Andy. This includes a new LS1/6 block, stock crank, eagle rods (forged), diamond pistons (forged), arp rod bolts, and a cam. I also ordered his stage II head package but it's taking a long time to get it. I decided I wanted a stronger head set up as well since I'm going to be upping the boost and power levels. For what I was going to pay for the head package and forged internals, I paid an additional $1500 and got a complete longblock. I think you could get away with just getting forged rods and pistons. Like someone said earlier, Andy would be the man to talk to.

·
10,998 Posts
I would add a new clutch as part of the upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts