Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after a week I had decided it was time to put in the CAGS disabler. Actually I decided before then, but it took a week to get the part from a local retailer.

Do I own a lift? No. What do I remember reading though (since I am nervous about jacking the car) that you car drive up a curb and do it that way. I just happen to have a little drainage ditch in my apt parking lot with a curb close by. So I back the Z up there and go to get under.
Well, I don't fit so well. What do I do, look at my girlfriend and ask her to crawl under. She fits fine, so I hand the parts under with a picture of what it looks like.
Just like that, all done.

In all fairness, before you guys are too floored, she is fairly experienced with a wrench and has done many of her own repairs on her '66 Mustang (like rear end swaps).

Mental note, when disconnecting the neg battery terminal (as per instructions) pay more attention. Allowing the cresent wrench to come in contact with both battery terminals will scare the living bejezus out of you (well, and produce some nasty sparks). Thought I had caused a huge problem because it wouldn't start, but then I realized the neg terminal was undone. No problems, but paying more attention now. :eek:

chris

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought you had enough women already???

I did realize after the fact that I should have taken pictures!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Better nab

THAT one!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................
Ladies like her come along once in a lifetime!!!!!!!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I think I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!..............
A Guwlfwend that can handle a wrench!!!!!!!!!:roll:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: Better nab

ZO6LS6 said:
THAT one!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................
Ladies like her come along once in a lifetime!!!!!!!!!:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I think I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!..............
A Guwlfwend that can handle a wrench!!!!!!!!!:roll:
And that my friends is better than picture of Boat & Motor.................

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Sounds like a keeper :) My wife does not appreciate cars like the rest of us. My honey do list is always long. :(

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I use my brother's ramps. tight fit cause even with the ramp extensions the front air dam still bends up against the ramps.. I guess I'll have to buy a lift???:)

·
Registered
523 Posts
had my cags defeat for couple months,still have'nt tried to install it........lazy,I guess.Do you have to disconect the battery before unplugging?What happens to all the stored settings?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Although the directions say to disconnect the battery, it is not necessary. I have installed a couple of CAGS defeats with no problems.

Pat :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
chrisj said:
Mental note, when disconnecting the neg battery terminal (as per instructions) pay more attention. Allowing the cresent wrench to come in contact with both battery terminals will scare the living bejezus out of you (well, and produce some nasty sparks). Thought I had caused a huge problem because it wouldn't start, but then I realized the neg terminal was undone. No problems, but paying more attention now. :eek:

chris [/B]
I've burned a few chunks out of wrenches that way... Always scared the piss outt me. Of course, the worst story I have like that is when my dad and I were dropping a new motor in our 87 IROC. I was cranking the engine by hand with a breaker bar, and it slipped. I started screaming obscenities, turned around and hurled the breaker. And it had this beautiful curve as it flew unerringly to the CENTER of the hoor that we'd put on the lawn to keep safe (about 25 yards).

Needless to say I do not throw wrenches when I get pissed when the wrench slips anymore.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
chrisj said:
I thought you had enough women already???

I did realize after the fact that I should have taken pictures!!
There are 3 things you NEVER have too much of, money, power and well you know the next one, the married guys probably do not though. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
hcvone said:

There are 3 things you NEVER have too much of, money, power and well you know the next one, the married guys probably do not though. :lol: :lol:
Careful Carl, your about to get Married...............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The directions said to disconnect the negative ground on the battery.
Since I was sending the little lady under the car and she got a look at the directions I did it (as you now know, by expanding the vocabulary of those around).
The presets were all there, but I had to reset the clock this morning. Small price to pay.

chris

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Battery shorters

I can't believe you guys putting your wrenches across the battery terminals. Are you the same ones who urinate on the electric fence? Cheap thrills, both I'm told. :D

Where do you all get these wives who think cars are away to get from point A to point B? At 16 I was modding my first car. Fuzzy dice and lowering blocks as I recall. Since then, I've built a racing go cart, a super modified stock car, a 1935 Ford 5 window coupe, overhauled my Porsche 911, built three modified midgets, and am now starting to modify my Corvette. If I couldn't fit under my car I'd go on a diet. Glad to learn there is another lady motorhead out there, but I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing the horror movie "Mustang Mama meets Corvette Chris!" :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Z06YLady, great, now I have to not show her this post!!

The mustang is no match for the vette. It was no match for the Firebird I had either (a model you like - '95, but mine was a formula).

The sparks were clearly an accident. She has had fun telling all my friends (and hers too). I won't live that one down for a while.

chris

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hey Chris; if you're looking for a good jack to raise that Z you might check this site out: http://www.geocities.com/genidude/hydraulicjacks2.html
I went with the DK13HLQ as how it will raise the car 29 inches. Has an entry height of 3.1" which is comparable to NASCAR jacks which run from around $550.00 to $1,300.00 bucks. For $337.00 plus shipping, it was at my door for $386.00.
Works like a dream.
Don't forget a couple of jack stands.

Pat :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts