Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here I am all ready to make the buy. I have my colors picked out and the model is going to be, well its going to be the Z- right?

The question is am I going to be able to use this car everyday? Or is this a second car only. Another concern is that the roads around my house aren't exactly the greatest, I mean there are a lot of bumpy roads when you are in town. Am I going to be okay in this car for two hours a day or am I going to feel beat up after a ride through town?

I ask this question with the understanding that the wholsome goodness of excessive USA MADE HORSEPOWER can make everything OK. But if it wasn't a beast on the track would it still be alright to drive all of the time.

Be honest, it's a lot of money.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I don't use mine as a daily driver, but it's only because I don't have to, not because it's unsuitable. The Z is a really well-behaved car, under all conditions. That being said, the suspension is stiff, and you really feel the road conditions. Like all Corvettes, the car wants to follow ruts in the road. Although the suspension is stiff, the car has a very solid feel, and is remarkably free of squeaks and rattles. The brakes are outstanding, the acceleration exhilarating. I NEVER feel beat-up after driving my car .. I usually look for a way to make the trip a little longer.

Go for it! It's a great car.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I agree 100% with Jerry's comments. Do you have a lot of concrete road surfaces where you live? The road noise generated by the tires on concrete is unbelievable, and it would drive me nuts if I had to take it all the time. The Z is not going to be the comfy cruiser as one equipped with F45.

Does it rain or snow or lot there? Because this car is the official hydroplaning champion.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! :cool:

Sherlann and I drive our Z's 365 days/year. I'm sure the roads in Missouri are allot worse than the roads in Florida. The Z's are very comfortable and I have no problem with long trips. I'm 6'1" 230 lbs.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I was also concerned after reading all magizine comments on the ride but after having the car for 2 months i love the way it rides and not half as bad as i tought it would be

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Mine is my daily driver. I just love it. It is more a question of your tolerance for a rougher/louder ride. Some don't mind it and some do. I have a pretty high tolerance for it because the performance and driveability are so overwhelming, I can't see driving anything else. :D

I really believe it is an issue with YOUR tolerance level. I know of one person that traded his Z back in for another vette because of the ride. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I agree 100% with PerforminNorman, I am an inch shorter and 3 pounds heavier than Frank:)lol:) and I own an FRC ... Does that qualify my opinion? Mine is a daily driver (about 100 miles roundtrip) and it's a bit loud at 80 - 90 miles an hour. It is definitely in touch with the road, but the ride is firm and marvelous, and some of my road is rural stuff. Beside that I get to wave at the pretty girls as I pass them. Even at 53, life in a Vette is great. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go for it! Put on the miles and enjoy life!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dan Farmer

·
Registered
37 Posts
My first response, not charitable, is, if you have to ask the question, the car is not for you. That's the wrong answer, however. The right answer has to do with what you know and what you can compare the ride to. For instance, I can tell you that a mid-eighties Saleen Mustang has a rougher ride. Later Saleens are about equal. I love the ride!! While not a daily driver, because it doesn't need to be, it is great in rush hour traffic, it is great on road trips, it is great on the road course. My wife will readily agree with these statements. What I think you have is a car with a little ride roughness that allows you to do city, country, or road course driving without changing a thing! It is a very remarkable car.

Have you taken one out for a test drive? Maybe one of the forum members who lives near you will help out. How about it folks? That will probably answer all of your questions and the next time you visit it will be to tell us about delivery of your new Z!

·
Premium Member
20,626 Posts
Use mine as a daily driver. Glad that I have her. The ride is fine (I'm 6'2 and 280lbs...widebody :lol: :lol: ) And the POWER is just freakin' Awesome!! :D :D

·
Registered
803 Posts
Jerry said it all.

Mine is a daily driver too. It's a little stiffer and a little noiser than my '00 coupe but never offensive. There is one stretch of road that I travel everyday that reminds me I'm driving a race car. Most of the time I don't even notice the ride quality - just the power.

Frank and Sherlann both took me for rides in their Zs when I was in the consideration stage.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have to concur with the general concensus, mine is not a daily driver, but not because of any shortcomings with the car unless you live in a heavily trafficed area in Florida(stick shift/laziness)the ride is acceptable(no worse than my ex-wifes 2000 coupe)interior comfort is good(6'2" and 220 lbs.)and road noise isn't any worse than my ex's coupe with 15000 on the goodyear EMTs(junk). All in all a very acceptable daily driver...(I'm just lucky because it doesn't have to be.

Nick :D :cool:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Simply put.....

In the realm of sedans, mini vans, and luxury cars, the ZO6 rides like crap and is a poor daily driver.

In the realm of "world Class Supercars", probably nothing on this planet rides as good as, or makes a better daily driver than the ZO6.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts