Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was going to Zaino my Z when I get it.I was wondering what is the best product or products to dry a wet vechicle.I have a synthetic chamois by PS21,I was thinking of getting the California water blade.Has anybody tried any of these? or have any better methods.Thanks G.:smile:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Torched said:
Hey guys,

I was going to Zaino my Z when I get it.I was wondering what is the best product or products to dry a wet vechicle.I have a synthetic chamois by PS21,I was thinking of getting the California water blade.Has anybody tried any of these? or have any better methods.Thanks G.:smile:
The Museum told me to use 100% cotton diapers for the first 90 days after painting. They also said no bra for the same 90 days. A good chamois should be OK if you keep it clean. jerboa :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
California Waterblade

Torched,

Sherylann and I both use the waterblade and love them I haven't seen any damage, but I remember Carl mentioning something about seeing damage from them. :confused:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Leaf blower and finish off with high quality cotton towels. I keep the waterblade in a rear compartment for long distance meets and shows. FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just started using the water blade and it's great! Be sure and get it at Target. Much cheaper than the auto parts stores.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ditto on the waterblade. They work great as long as the car is completely clean. I usually finish drying with compressed air.:)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jerboa,

I was told the 90 day wait time is only need if you intend to use wax.I was told that Zaino could be used from day one.G:)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I use a lambskin chamois. Make sure it is wet and completely clean before use, then ring out and start to dry. They are extremely soft after wetting and a very quick way to dry the car.

To wash, first I squirt down the car with the garden hose to blow off as much road grit as possible. Then I use a lambskin wash mitt for the bath. The dirt is held between the fibers of the mit so that it doesn't scratch the paint. As I wash, I dip the mitt it my wash bucket and rub the fibers to losten any dirt and leave it in the bucket. It is much softer than a cotton terry towel.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I use a leaf blower and finish off with the Absorber. Works for me. That blower really cuts down the time and allows for more :guiness: time, particularly if the Z has been properly Zainoed.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Waterblade, then the air compressor to blow out the nooks and crannies. The I finish up with an absorber. :grin:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Another vote for the water blade. Use it to get 95% of the water, then a cotton towel for the remaining drops.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Torched said:
Jerboa,

I was told the 90 day wait time is only need if you intend to use wax.I was told that Zaino could be used from day one.G:)
This isn't 90 days before Zaino, it's 90 days of using cotton diapers to dry the car before using cotton towels. They told me it takes fully 90 days for the clear coat to fully set up and dry.
jerboa :)

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Waterblade, leafblower on the taillights, vents (fun to watch water blow off the rims when blowing out the rear brake duct) other nooks, followed by chamois. Be sure and do all this in front of your neihghbors for best effect! :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey FUBU,

Can i Zaino from when i take delivery or do i have to wait 90 days before i Zaino? Thanks, G.:)

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Torched, Zaino from day 1 is fine. I'm on my 5th coat in 3 weeks. Use Dawn dishwash soap to remove the factory polish and dealer wax . I took Carl's advice and did the Zaino claybar after the Dawn wash. Then Z1, Z5, Zaino car wash , Z2 and Z6. I alternate the Z5 and Z2. It is alot of work the 1st time then it gets real EZ. FUBU69/LES BTW the brake dust generated by the new '02 pads is a pain in the fanny!

·
Registered
81 Posts
FUBU69 said:
Jerboa, the clear coat on the EB is AWESOME, no? EB is my 4th C5 color and it is the SLICKEST of all. FUBU69/LES
Les,
I just picked up my EB this afternoon. It had 6 miles on it and LOOKED AWESOME. The paint looks fantastic!

Debating on whether to take it to Baltimore tomorrow and break it in......I plan on keeping it under 2500RPM's for the first 500 miles...what speed do you keep it under for the first 500? :-? :-?

Any insight would be appreciated,

CD
:-?

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
nevercanstop, 2500 is being too conservative for the break-in. Mix it up to 4000 RPM. Do the trip just DO NOT stay at the same speed/RPM for any length of time. These powerplants are not fragile and don't have to be overbabied. Enjoy the ride and use it in good health. Les

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
nevercanstop, I have driven my Z06's up to 65 MPH under 4000rpm new. You may want to keep it at or under 55. Just remember to mix it up. FUBU69/LES BTW Got to love the sound of that exhaust, Frank was on the $$$ the whole time!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts