Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know to use the Zaino products on the exterior (printing the order form now), but what about the interior? Specifically the dash, and the doors. I have heard all the horror stories about the use of Armor-All so I know that is a bad move. I also assume the Zaino leather products for the seats.

Any suggestions would be very welcome...

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I use Zaino Z-10 "Leather In A Bottle" for all the interior leather, plastic, and rubber. It goes on easy and isn't greasy like other products. In fact, I was just doing that, I can't get into the stuff I supposed to be doing today, working at home with the Z in the garage is dangerous.

Anybody have a suggestion for the glass? I used Windex for years, then switched to generic non-ammonia stuff. I now use 50/50 Windex/Water. I still can't get rid of the streaks.

Carl?

·
Registered
0 Posts
proexpert said:
Anybody have a suggestion for the glass?

Carl?
I use "Power Clean Glass Cleaner" by Coastal. It is an aerosol can that sprays a non streaking foam. You can buy it at Autozone. :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Lemon Pledge (yes, that stuff) works great on interior and exterior trim. I've used it on my Jeep flares for a few years now, and they still look new (unlike the ones that have had Armorall used on them, that are milky in color now). I've been using it on my window molding and interior on my Z with great results. I guess it has some sort of oil in it that keeps rubber parts moisturized -- and it actually protects, unlike Armorall.

As for cleaning the windshield, I understand that you should use NEWSPAPER to wipe off the Windex. Can't say I've done it myself yet, but friends of mine swear that it works (just be ready to get your hands dirty)...

-Kirk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used Murphy's oil soap on all the interior surfaces. I works great, no residue and looks like new. The best window cleaner I have used recently, is the new Armor all glass cleaner. I have never used a more effective cleaner for auto glass.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
BOBSZ06 said:
I use the Zaino leather conditioner on the seats and leather areas, and I use Armorall low gloss on all plastic(works great!)
Bob, I don't want step on any toes, and I sure don't want to suggest that the product doesn't work for you... But Armorall is TERRIBLE on plastic, at LEAST in the long term. Most everyone who uses it initially thinks it's wonderful, since it makes things look great at first (no doubt). But, over time, it wrecks plastics and trim, discoloring them, making them milky and cloudy. I'd hate to see this happen to your car.

Just a caution! :) Armorall seems like a risk not worth taking, especially since there are a host of non-damaging things out there to choose from.

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have started using the stuff called "Tanners Preserve" Its a 2 step process for leather surfaces, first a cleaner then a cream to protect and make the leather look like new and preserve it. Great stuff, Look for it at your local Walmart store.

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts