Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all-

I have officially given up trying to find any local tuning help for my ic'd mag'd z06.

What I would like to know right now is - since I have a friend that will let me use his dyno to tune my z - what tuning program would work best for me. Basically the main thing I need to do is remove the rich condition that I have on the bottom end, and the leanness I have on the top end.

Should I go all out and get the LS1-Edit software for my laptop, or would one of the handheld tuners (ie: Predator) be able to do the job for me?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Doesen't the Magnacharger come with it's own tuning?

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Vette doctors in Amityville long Island NY would be my suggestion...

JMO but these guys do so many magnusons they surely have quite a bit of information warehoused to send you a good tune...

Call them and see what they suggest ...and what it costs...

If I remember they have the best pricing on ls1edit as well.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ITLGO - yeah, but it sucks, haha. My AFR is terribly out of wack right now, and it does not have any method of retuning it. 0 -2500RPMs are hell in 3rd gear or higher (to the point where you are wondering if you are stepping on the gas at all - that bad).

JB- Thanks a ton. Do you have a number off hand for them? Appreciate the tip :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would recommend Joe Verdone in Scottsdale - he races a ZO6 and considers LS1 Edit ancient compared with his configuration.I can find a number if interested.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you are willing to learn I would highly recommend HP Tuners. I have seen LS1edit fry too many pcm's. HPT is user friendly and easy to pick up on. When I took the plunge I had serious doubts when it arrived. There isn't a manual with it. So I went to their website and joined the forum. Lots of help there. Within 1 month I was tuning friends cars. The VE and PE tables are easy to learn so long as you do not mind spending an hour searching and reading. I would be more than happy to help you as much as I can. Remember, the biggest selling point for HPT is that it will NOT fry your pcm. It also has recovery function too should something happen during data transfer. LS1edit cannot do that. Last, for your setup, stay away from the hand held tuners.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses guys :)

E - The hptuner looks pretty good. Yeah I have assumed I will have to sit down and 'learn' whatever tool I choose, so that is not a problem. I think that is what I will get - I am sure ill be doing more stuff to the Z in the future, so itll be good to have on hand :) Be prepared for messages from me, haha. Now if it was only warm out...Z is still hibernating :\

1 - 8 of 8 Posts