Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in the videos from Z06phile that MY C6 Z06 ran an 11.55 @ 123.
Any info on who was driving?

Also, does anyone know what the heat and humidity (or DA were that day). Sorry I missed the fest this year. Looks like it was a lot of fun...

·
10,998 Posts
That was Ernie from BPP I think. I don't think it was a Z06 but rather a BPP modified C6 w/Z51. Guys am I right on this ?
He was supposed to also run a black C6 at the track after they swapped tires back at the museum.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whoops. I saw the video that was posted, and it looked to have the larger fender flares. I assumemd incorrectly that it was a C6.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Does anyone know the specifics of the BPP car? I'm not sure if it was a n20 or H/C motor or both. I couldn't find any info about it on their website.

·
10,998 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
J-Rod, It was a C6 with body modifications to resemble a C6 Z06, it fooled a few of us in the Hampton parking lot until we got a closer look.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I believe I heard Ernie say it was a stroked 402 engine. I think he was running a shot of spray as well but I'm not sure how much.

J-rod, as to your initial question, I don't know what the altitude is at BB but with the heat at over 95 degrees and the humidity at 97%. I would guess that the DA was well over 2000+, maybe even higher.

Mike

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The yellow car is a 6 liter, headers, exhaust, vortek, and nos.
Running mid 11s.
The black C6 is a 402 auto running low 12s with the torque man. kicking in up top.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
J-Rod,
As near as I can figure, the DA at Beech Bend Saturday had to be at least +3500 and probably closer to 4000'.
The heat and humidity were opressive. Much worse than last year. :bang:

Jim

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
J-Rod,

I didn't calculate DA, it was so damn hot and humid, and track less than "ideal" that I wasn't expecting anything great, and my [email protected] was .3 and 4 MPH slower than when I had it out in Carolina with you. Everybody was way down on power that day ...

Les

Jim Lembo said:
J-Rod,
As near as I can figure, the DA at Beech Bend Saturday had to be at least +3500 and probably closer to 4000'.
The heat and humidity were opressive. Much worse than last year. :bang:

Jim

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
ZO6/Les said:
J-Rod,

I didn't calculate DA, it was so damn hot and humid, and track less than "ideal" that I wasn't expecting anything great, and my [email protected] was .3 and 4 MPH slower than when I had it out in Carolina with you. Everybody was way down on power that day ...

Les
Les, congrats on the fastest N/A time Saturday. What tires were you using? Also, what was your 60'?

After reading that you normally run 4 MPH faster makes me look forward to running my car again this fall. Case2307 says his car was down about 5 MPH too. Maybe my car will do 126-127 MPH on a good day :cool:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Z06phile: I was running worn drag radials, usually I cut 1.6-1.7 60' times, I did a 1.8X on the 11 second run. BTW the trophy was for the quickest (E/T) not fastest (trap speed). By the end of the day my trap speed were off more than 6MPH!

Proexpert: DA stands for density altitude. It is a method for calculating environmental conditions and the impact on your drag race. It uses temp, dew point and altitude as I recall. There are also online calculators where you can "normalize" your runs much as you would do to SAE correct a dyno run. The truth is that to compare track tmes on the Internet without normalizing is a bit of a waste of time, but makes for interesting discussion.

Les

proexpert said:
What is 'DA'? Rookie here needs to know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts