Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a z06 with the TRAP intake and short shifter. What will a HPTuner tune gain me hp and 1/4 mile wise?

·
Registered
497 Posts
it wont gain u much.. maybe around 5 hp max.....
no use to tune ur car now wait until u have other mods done to get better results

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree, dyno tunes can be expensive. Make sure you've pretty much done all you're going to before you get one done. With my Maggie, headers, exhaust, intake I was able to pick up 50hp over the superchips programmer that came with the supercharger. But at 200 bucks and hour for the dyno tune, and 4 hours of work....

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
405bhp said:
it wont gain u much.. maybe around 5 hp max.....
no use to tune ur car now wait until u have other mods done to get better results
:yeadog:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
FRC TOM did a tune on my stock 04 and picked up about 12-15 HP.:)

Jack

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Chrisrokc said:
Think I can hit 380 with intake and tune only? Dynoed 364 bone stock.
I recently dynoed at 362 with a Blackhawk and GHL cat-back and I thought that wasn't too shabby for no other mods. 380 seems to be pushing the limits with just an intake. Just my opinion mind you.

Charlie

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm.... I am going to go dyno hopefully soon and see what I put down with intake only. I hope to hit a good 370 something then I will just go from there.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've heard alot of guys say that there is a huge difference after you get a tune done. Conversely, I've heard the exact opposite. I'm a little confused. I was also thinking about getting a tune, but was talked out of it by the posts that say it isn't worth it. A friend of mine bought a used Z, and took it into the dealer after a couple of months of ownership for some warranty work. Anyways, they had to flash the PCM. He called me right after and said that the car felt horrible, and that his temps were getting higher than normal. I told him the car probably had some sort of tune, and it lost it when they flashed the computer. He said it felt like a totally different car, and that he'd wished he hadn't taken it in.

So like I said above I'm a little confused with this subject.
What's your guys take on this?

·
Registered
128 Posts
From what i have read and been told it pretty much sums up to this...a tune is always a good thing to have, and it will not hurt the car, but you will not see any tremendous gains on a mostly stock car. If you have the money to go get a tune go ahead, but what most people suggest is wait until your done modding the car because the tunes are so expensive and on a mostly stock car the gains are not worth the price of the tune.

·
Registered
267 Posts
In a stock engine, you will usually get minimal results from a tune, when modifications are made, the PCM needs to be altered (Tuned) to best make use of the changes. IF you have a stock engine, add-ons, mild head and cam work, you should get a scan tune. If you have a drag race only corvette or added NI or SC/Turbo, then you will get added benefits from a dyno--especially if it is a load bearing dyno. However, the results you get are limited to the abiltiy of the tuner you use and the info they have to tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts