Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next few weeks I'm going to have the following on my Z:

TPIS LTs w/Random Tech X and hi-flo cats matted to a Borla Stinger Catback.

Induction-wise I have the Haltech TRAP.

I've been trying to decide what to do next and some of the responses I'm getting point me towards a cam first (and maybe a nice roller rocker set).

I was just wondering what you guys out there that have tried it all thought about what cam I should get. Also should I get the rockers and what lift 1.6, 1.7?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
573 Posts
Same boat as you i have vararam LG's random cats X pipe stingers 4:10's and HP tuning i want cams next..did u do HP tuning or any other i think u should do that it helped alot with the air fuel ratio.and many other things Thats if u intend to drive like this for a while before cams :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Get the LG Motorsports G5-X3 on 112. With Headers and tuning you will have 420 plus RWHP. No flying cutting of the pistons required on stock heads. :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
^ ^ ^ I agree.

·
Registered
84 Posts
GT Hunter,
Look at my Sig. I made 431 rwhp on the dyno.

·
Registered
895 Posts
May as well throw my two cents worth in!!!

Have the Thunder Racing TRex cam (see sig) and put out 451rwhp, with stock heads.

It may be a little over the edge for some folks, but (knock on fiberglass) I have had no problems in 8000 miles.

Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
pczo6 said:
did u do HP tuning or any other i think u should do that it helped alot with the air fuel ratio.and many other things Thats if u intend to drive like this for a while before cams :thumb:

Actually, I'm going to have it tuned the same day I drop in the headers/xpipe...I figured I could drive for a little while without tuning on the Haltec and Catback.

Hmm...thanks for your replies guys....so many options....MTI, Thunder and LG cams...

I guess I'd better narrow down what I'm looking for...I want a cam that won't give me that tell tale cam sound (the idle lope)....decent at idle but makes power when WOT...

Which one of these would be better?

·
Registered
895 Posts
gt-hunter said:
I guess I'd better narrow down what I'm looking for...I want a cam that won't give me that tell tale cam sound (the idle lope)....decent at idle but makes power when WOT...

Which one of these would be better?
You can forget the TRex cam. Especially with the 110lsa, the idle pretty mean and agreesive.

Steve

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If you are looking for a cam to idle closer to stock, then go for the LG GX5-3 with a 114 lsa instead of the 112. You will still have the rwhp increase, but it will be higher in the rpm range. :thumb:

Bob :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts