Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GEICO's had a good year with our return to NJ business. I'll be getting a nice profit sharing check this week and am thinking of things to do to the vette. To be honest the top of my list has to do with things not much in line with tracking the car! So what would you all buy for your cars? I currently race on my stock Z06 wheels painted black w/ another set of Kumho Ecsta MX's on there... which I was overcooking at G&W so I'm ready for real tires.

Non track:
1. DRM heat extractor hood
2. Medium Cam package

Track:
1. Tow hitch
2. Tire trailer
3. New CCWs with racing rubber

Any other ideas?

I allready have some mods as many of you know...

Go:
1. Vortex intake
2. Kooks LT headers w/ cats
3. Stingers

Track:
1. Sparco Roadster seats
2. BK harness bar
3. 5-pt cam lock harnesses w/ BK clip in mounts
4. SS brake lines
5. Wilwood H pads
5. i/o port camera mount
6. Bilstien Sports
7. Poly swaybar bushing w/ GM HD endlinks

Show:
1. C5-R lights
2. CCWs w/ powdercoated centers
3. Custom painted rear bumper
etc etc..

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Medium Cam package :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I don't think I saw a tranny cooler on your list did I?

·
Registered
378 Posts
CraZee ZO6 said:
Cam package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
put it all on black 6

vegas baby !!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Sounds like cam time to me. :jammin:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I was in that same situation, did cam package...Happy, but want more now...So nitrous keeps eyeballing me. I'd still recommend a cam package, just make sure you can go as big as you think you'll ever want to go, and then a little bit larger than that.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Single biggest improvement to lap times you can make is better rubber.
One of my first "mods" was a set of CCWs and Hoosier's for DE use. Still using them. :D

Of course then you'll need a good tow vehicle and trailer... you're already on the slippery slope downhill. Enjoy the ride. :lol:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do a cam package, you might have money left over for 2 rear wheels for track... Change your thermostat to 160-170 since you track, this will help will water & oil temps. changing to a 160 dropped my oil temp 20-25 degrees and ofcource lower water temps to 170-180..

Good luck which ever way..

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Dude, cam package. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I say track I mean HPDE... I don't see how a T-stat could lower my oil temps for high speed extended running. That's just how early the stat opens.

I'm leaning toward some new race rubber for my stock Z06 wheels with a hitch and tire trailer. Looking seriously at the LGM Wilwood 6-piston front brake kit.

Problem is I also want the dang cam and a new radiator w/ integral oil cooler.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SexyLex said:
Cobra,

Have you installed your seats? I want some pictures, darn it!
:)
Seats are still sitting in my bedroom! I just ordered Speedware black annodized aluminum side mounts with sliders... will be making my own floor brackets soon. I want them in by the fist week of march!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vrrooom said:
Oh I've got that taken care of! Have for over a year now. 1987 Toyota Truck 4x4 5-speed... it's great and tows my jetski just fine.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Cobra4B said:
When I say track I mean HPDE... I don't see how a T-stat could lower my oil temps for high speed extended running. That's just how early the stat opens.
Perhaps he meant get the lower thermostat and re-program your fan on temps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts