Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have listened to various cat-backs and decided on the Borla Stingers. My Z is too quiet. I can hear my radio, talk on my cell, and carry on a conversation with my wife! Where I need your advise is what is the best x-pipe to go with this cat-back exhaust. I have seen 4 or 5 different x-pipes noted in sigs; some requiring cutting. I am sure some are better than others. I finally found a Midas shop in my area that will do the install. Of course, I will buy both items from our supporting vendors. Thanks for your advise and having helpful people on this site! Ken- :coo: :coo: :coo:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Borla X-Pipe with Twin Borla Stingers

For what its worth, go with the Borla X-Pipe mated to Twin Borla Stingers.

Lingenfelter, when they dynoed my motor, thought that they were a very good match and produced well.

At full song, along the long straight at Road America, I have received nothing but compliments from total strangers on my motor's sound. Some have even asked me whether I was running a turbo or supercharger! Nope, just natural aspiration.

In the end, it's your call... :jammin:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Aside from the ones that come with LG, Kooks, or Supermaxx headers, the only one's with a true x crossover are Bassani or Magnaflow. Avoid Corsa or Borla IMO, they have a smaller opening between pipes.

The other route is to just have the exhaust shop doing the install fabricate a pipe from scratch. This could be cheaper and just as good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Foxbat & Will82: Thank you both for the info...really appreciate you taking the time to help me! Regards, Ken- :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Found

I found this one on E-bay: Looks pretty good to me :thumb:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Raven, thanks a bunch.....that should have great flow and the muffler shop can custom make the pipes. :cheers:

·
Registered
892 Posts
will82 said:
the only one's with a true x crossover are Bassani or Magnaflow.
I agree. What I like about my Magnaflow X-pipe is it kept all the popping, and crackling on decel. I've heard some of the X-pipes get rid of the popping on decel. For some weird reason I like the popping sound on decel. Makes it sound more like a race car, and it scares people. :sneaky:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Z06ified & Big Law Man --- thanks for your responses. I like the decel noise as well. My Borla Stingers and Hurst shipped today. Got to get the x-pipe ordered this weekend. Will still need an intake and then that should do it for a few months (till I have mo mula!) Ken-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts