Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a zo6 and have around 20,000 dollars to spend. What year z06 should I be looking at? I expect the a'c to work and no major problems. How many miles are too many. And how long will the clutch last?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
What you should be looking at depends on your location. Big cities have more Corvettes than farm country. 02 to 05 Zs should be around your price range. Clutch life is usually tied to mileage so look for a Z with the lowest miles in the area you search. Older owners don’t usually abuse their cars as much as younger ones. Ask questions about any repairs or problems with the car. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the market being so inflated right now, for $20k you'll be looking at C5 Z's (01 - 04) with some miles (not necessarily a terrible thing); 02-04 more desirable due to HP bump and some other things. C6 Z06's will min be $12k -$30k+ outside your budget but worth it if you could swing it. If you do go C6 route budget in $5k - $7k for head fix if not already done. If this is your 1st Z06 I'd reco to focus on 02 - 04 from a private buyer with some maintenance history with less than 100k miles; like Mufflerbearing said, the lowest you can find for your budget; Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You would not be able to get that same deal now. Used car prices are up 20-25% or more in the last year. I would be sure that you are insured for stated value. Otherwise you could be in for a nasty surprise when your insurer low balls you if you have a total loss.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love to buy your car. Love the color. I am a long way away. Not very many cars here. Hmm wonder how much to ship a car. Just wondering how much do you want for yours?
I'm asking for $25k, but I'm flexible on the price. It's listed on Autotrader. I don't know how much shipping would be. My guess would be between 500-1000.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts