Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about us FRC fans ...

Our cars are 6 - 7 years old now, and with the advent of the C6 we are now a generation behind ....

Just kind of curious as to what your plans are for your FRC? Gonna hold on to it and speculate on it's collectibility? Gonna Mod the Hell out of it and race hard, fast and long? Just keep it 'cause you love it? Get out while the getting is good and get the C6 in it's very similar incarnations?

Thanks gang!

Dan

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I dont have a FRC, but a z06, but would like to get in on this:

here's what I think in camparisons

-97-04 vette= 87-93 5.0:they are both the most loved mustangs and vettes so far!)

-99-00 FRC= 5.0 notchbacks: they were both the lighest of their original models and Non-hatchbacks and mostly rare and faster

(I put the z06 aside with the cobras just to make sense of these comparisons:thumb: )

So my opinion if I already had a FRC, I would keep, play with it, not mod the hell of it but Mod it enough to make it interesting, and I would start having something unique and rare. Just think of those who sold their rare Notchback 5.0s, and now they regret it and I believe those notchback sell for more then the Hatchbacks, just for its Rarety

·
21,378 Posts
I think it would be nice to have one and just mod the heck out of it. It would make one mean street machine!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I still just really really love the way the hard tops look and always will like the fact that the top doesnt come off, making it lighter and stiffer. The new c6 doesnt have that look despite how awesome it is underneath. So for me....im keepin it forever...or until i have a kid. ;)

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I'm keeping mine, modding it as much as possible, drive it hard and track it when I can. I'll think about the '07 Z06 in '07.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I'd recommend enjoying the car for years to come...as the car is....or

If you get the itch....for something new..

Throw in a few mods...and have a few laughs..

Either way keep the car...

JMO

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will keep my 99 FRC. I like the styling and performance. I sold a 73 coupe back in 82 and I wont make that mistake twice. The c6 performance and specs are impressive but I am not sold on the styling. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Drive it and when you get alot of miles on it...restore it! it is a Corvette, it is in its nature to be restored and loved. :z:

·
Registered
6 Posts
When they make a better looking vette than my 2000 FRC let me know!. 5 more years and my daughter can drive the 600HP beast to school, NOT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts