Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you purchase like say kooks headers, what does it bring, does it bring bolts and gaskets too?

I am considering purchasing used headers instead and wanted to know what I need for complete install,

how much would gaskets for it be?

thanx in advance ! luis

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
You can reuse your stock manifold gaskets, I did when I put the TPiS's on. No leaks.

But yes all that comes in the new box, gaskets, bolts. The TPiS even come with a piece to help with the install into factory cats, if that's what you want to do. I went with Random Tech's though so it went in the trash.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mjustmike said:
You can reuse your stock manifold gaskets, I did when I put the TPiS's on. No leaks.

But yes all that comes in the new box, gaskets, bolts. The TPiS even come with a piece to help with the install into factory cats, if that's what you want to do. I went with Random Tech's though so it went in the trash.

Man!! :cry: I wish I had gotten yours, it would of been sweet, no shipping ect. I guess you live and you learn :mah:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Use only stock GM- LS1 exhaust gaskets, NOT LS6 gaskets.
12558573 gaskets GM LS1 gaskets (#12558573)
Header to head bolts are 2 pass. USE ANTI-SIEZE
First pass is 11 lb. Ft.
Second pass is 18 lb. Ft.
AIR pipe to exhaust manifold 15 lb. Ft.
2) Gm#12553617 air tube gkts.

hpipe to catback gaskets (2x GMPN 10276792)

:z:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Actually mine didn't come with gaskets or bolts. I had to reuse all of the originals. I bought a set of gaskets, but the place that did the installation forgot to use them. I believe they were about $14 each at the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts