Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a NX Wet Kit and GenX2 kit, Dig. Window switch, NX Switch Panel, proffesionally installed and wideband dyno'ed. My question is. What should be next? Chasis Stiffeners, Clutch, Dradials? Or additional safety items? Any input would be appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Change your spark plugs to non-platinum one range colder. :cheers:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, forgot that they are putting in TR-6 Plugs also. Speed Inc. put the set-up together and will do install. Normally I do my own work, but this is my first time with Nitrous so I want to be as safe as possible.

I wondering if there is anything else I should do safety-wise to ensure I don't hurt the car using Nitrous. I'm thinking of getting a Wideband A/F so I can monitor A/F accurately to ensure everthing is ok when I spray. Also trying to think of other Drivetrain, chasis, etc.. components that I will need to upgrade.

·
Registered
372 Posts
D.I.R.E. C-5 said:
Sorry, forgot that they are putting in TR-6 Plugs also. Speed Inc. put the set-up together and will do install. Normally I do my own work, but this is my first time with Nitrous so I want to be as safe as possible.
I think for safetys sake you should add a supercharger, that way there's no chance for anyone to take you :guiness:

What about some ARP head studs?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL on Supercharger. I just want to be faster than the average guy, NOT TOO Crazy. I don't want to be breaking things every other pass. I'm thinking in a couple years I'll get another vette and go the Super or Turbo route.

Thanks for the Head Bolt suggestion though. that's the things I'm looking for.

·
Registered
292 Posts
just curious, what is your shop charging you for the install? I just installed my NX kit b/c a local shop was asking too much in my opinion. Sounds like you have everything covered, but you will need a clutch eventually. Also, may want to go with a gauge pod with N2O and fuel pressure gauges. If you plan on tracking the car with drag radials or ET Streets, youre also going to want to do the differential with hardened output shafts and a brace.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent you a PM with Install Price

I thought it was a little high myself as I usually do my own work, but with this being my first Nitrous System, I thought it would be safest to have a shop do it.

I will mostly run my Kuhmo MX's this year but might get DR next year once I can get Hardened Shafts, Brace, clutch to handle the power. The Z is new to me so I will probably not run or run only a 50 shot this year until I get driving it down. All my previuos track cars were Autos. I am having tuned for 100 shot just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts