Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Stock Titanium System, What Aftermarket exhuast system would ya Go with for the 2001 Z06??

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :cool:

I went with B&B PRT's. But, several members have also gone with Corsa Indy's. Both are great cat back systems!! :)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
FWIW, this is what I was told about cat-backs for our cars.

(1) The stock TI catback is considerably lighter than the stainless systems people are installing - unless you want to spend a lot of $ on the Corsa or Borla TI systems

(2) The stock Z06 systems flows a little better than the standard C5 system.

(3) Performance gains for cat-backs are quite modest, most people do this more for looks/sound.

(4) For those of us with '02s :) , the exhaust sound has changed and is considered "perfect" by many of us.

Now, IMHO, as an '02 owner, I have no interest in replacing my TI system with a noticeably heavier stainless system, which will make only a few h/p more - especially when I already think the exhaust sounds excellent. I would rather put my precious mod dollars into a set of quality long tubes - and that research is ongoing! :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Silver, I started that thread and after realizing some folks were interpreting this news as a radical new '03 Z06 or whatever, I made it plain (0r so I thought) that this news pertained to the prototyping effort of a new mod. It still does. Unfortunately, as these things so often do, the effort is a few weeks behind schedule. The individual whom I am discussing this with (the developer) has solicited a promise from me that I would not divulge this info in specifcs, since this could cause him some problems. I intend to continue keeping my word to him.

I continue to believe that this item may be of considerable interest to many, once it finally sees the light of day - I know I hope so.

Stay tuned...:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bleu,

Keep up the good work!! :cool: Sometimes we are not able to divulge our sources out of respect. The news will get here when it gets here. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts