Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm going to be doing my own oil changes and was wondering what's the highest performance oil filter on the market.Mobil 1 Or Delco Gold? What do you guys think.I just got a magnetic drain plug to help matters.Thanks Greg.:)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Delco Gold removes more contaminants per pass than all the filter that I saw tested, and I guess if it came to a warranty question that would be the safest filter to have on the car. ;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Read a VERY in depth, lengthly, and technical report on a slew of oil filters on the SHO web site of the K&N, Mobil1, Pure 1, Delco Gold,
and several more, and although Champion Labs makes the Mobil1, K&N and the Delco Gold, the Delco Gold got higher marks due to its better filtering medium and capacity. I'll see if I can hunt down the thread.

HERE IT IS: http://www.shoclub.com/

Go to "MEMBERS ONLY" section

Scroll down to "Buford dives into SHO lubrication and oil filter......"

It's LONG, read it all, good info and reading, if you can't wait, PART 5 has the filter comparo

HTH

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys know who carries the Delco Gold oil filters? Thanks Greg:)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Some Pep Boys carry the Delco Ultragard Oil Filter. You should be able to order one thru your neighborhood GM dealer parts department....the GM part number is 25329389, and it is also labeled as a UPF-44. And btw, if you want a magnetic oil pan drain bolt, the GM p.n. is 88891787.

Hope this helps!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Zippy for the part numbers!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts