Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my z last night, I followed all the instructions given on this site and I am having a little problem.

I lowered it by turning the stock bolts 5 1/2 turns each. The problem is the front left wheel dosent sit any lower. All the other wheels lowered about a 1/2 an inch but nothing on the front left.

I dont know if I did something wrong or it just needs to settle.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
It'll settle. Don't sweat it.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Give it 50 miles or so, it will settle. :z:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is this easy to do on your own??? Where are the instructions? I've wanted to lower my Z an inch or so the first second I looked at it! Wheel well gaps... ewww :pp:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
Thanks man :thumb:

What's the maximum # of inches you can lower the Zee with this method? The author of the DIY lowered his about 1/2 inch; I was hoping at least 1 inch is possible...

I only got a total of 5/8" drop after it settled. That was using all the available adjustment threads.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
Thanks man :thumb:

What's the maximum # of inches you can lower the Zee with this method? The author of the DIY lowered his about 1/2 inch; I was hoping at least 1 inch is possible...
On the stock bolts you will come down a 1/2" minimum. Some folks get a little more. IMO the reason that they do is there car came form the factory a little higher than some others or they used my fishermen's ruler. :yeadog:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts