Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know what was your best 60' and what RPM did you raise it to while launching your car?
i have a strong differential and just bought a 300M shaft..
what RPM do you recommend launching with those kinds of mods and the MT ETs??

thanks in advance :thumb:
Ebrahim

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
ET Streets with 11 lbs of air launching @ 6500 rpm and dumping the clutch - 1.47 60'. They'll hook, believe me.

·
Registered
290 Posts
sup buddy,

You got the rear, the clutch. All you need is a pair of ET streets and do a high launch like the posts above indicate. And your off in a hurry. :yeadog:

·
Registered
413 Posts
1.70 60ft at 4500rpm on DR with 16lbs air ... with hardened shaft and brace "things" still break just not as often...

I have seen C5s with ET Streets launch from 5500 to 6500rpm and get 1.5 60ft...very impressive.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
robz said:
With your setup on et streets, 1.5x's are possible with NO track prep with the right technique.
thanks all, im going to the track again hopefully this coming monday if my car is ready (fingers crossed)

robs, 1.5 60' is great but do i have to have a good burnout with MT ET street tires?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
You should definitely see good smoke on the first burnout. As long as your subsequent runs aren't too far apart, those burnouts should be shorter in duration (you should stop when you begin to see smoke).

You CAN get 1.4X on ET Streets even with very mild mods.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Paul, ill be happy with a 1.5x 60' :D

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
405bhp said:
thanks all, im going to the track again hopefully this coming monday if my car is ready (fingers crossed)

robs, 1.5 60' is great but do i have to have a good burnout with MT ET street tires?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will take 2 passes to break them in. Ranger was launching on these tires between 4000 and 5000 with his car on a well prepped track. The clutch will be the limiting factor. I was also giving you #'s with etstreets, not the radials, so I would add a tenth. Get a good clutch if you plan on doing this alot.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
robz said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will take 2 passes to break them in. Ranger was launching on these tires between 4000 and 5000 with his car on a well prepped track. The clutch will be the limiting factor. I was also giving you #'s with etstreets, not the radials, so I would add a tenth. Get a good clutch if you plan on doing this alot.
thanks robz,
i have the exedy twin desk clutch now with the light weight flywheel.. i really dont want the shaft to brake again.. thats why im asking about what rpm should i launch my car, it feels like sh*t when u brake something

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
I hear that!!
Ron
I third that :bang:

I cut my best 60ft this Sunday.. It was a 1.63 at 4700 rpm... Anything higher I would spin bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts