Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Whats your best 60'?? What RPM do you launch your car?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Kat 
#1 ·
I'd like to know what was your best 60' and what RPM did you raise it to while launching your car?
i have a strong differential and just bought a 300M shaft..
what RPM do you recommend launching with those kinds of mods and the MT ETs??

thanks in advance :thumb:
Ebrahim

Discussion starter · #8 ·
robz said:
With your setup on et streets, 1.5x's are possible with NO track prep with the right technique.
thanks all, im going to the track again hopefully this coming monday if my car is ready (fingers crossed)

robs, 1.5 60' is great but do i have to have a good burnout with MT ET street tires?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Paul, ill be happy with a 1.5x 60' :D

Discussion starter · #12 ·
robz said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will take 2 passes to break them in. Ranger was launching on these tires between 4000 and 5000 with his car on a well prepped track. The clutch will be the limiting factor. I was also giving you #'s with etstreets, not the radials, so I would add a tenth. Get a good clutch if you plan on doing this alot.
thanks robz,
i have the exedy twin desk clutch now with the light weight flywheel.. i really dont want the shaft to brake again.. thats why im asking about what rpm should i launch my car, it feels like sh*t when u brake something

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.