Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions on whether my oil pressure readings are within the range of other people's engines.

Once my engine is warmed up (coolant temps between 190-200 degrees) and I'm cruising at highway speeds (6th gear, 2000-2200 rpm) I'm getting pressure readings between 40-45psi. Is this pretty close to what everyone else is getting?

Thanks in advance!

-Greg W.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I might be wrong here, but wouldn't you want to know oil pressure at warm idle as well as let's say 5k?

I had a pump failure and my oil pressure was the same as you guys while cruising, but at idle it was a lot lower.

See http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82003

for the story.

Soooooo, my oil pressure is 29-35 warm idle. I don't know off the top of my head what it is a 5k. What is yours?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
At sebring last month. My idle oil pressure was 29psi, not bad when the oil temp was 307f.

I was running Mobil 1 0w-40 which is more of a euro blend. 1 qt over of course.

It took me about 15 mins to get over 300f each session. I would do a few cool down laps and finish off with a few more hard laps.

I hit 307 right before the back straight so I started coasting down the back straight, took it out of gear and checked the pressure.

I'm usually 45psi at cruise. Over 65k miles on this 01.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
m5guy said:
Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions on whether my oil pressure readings are within the range of other people's engines.

Once my engine is warmed up (coolant temps between 190-200 degrees) and I'm cruising at highway speeds (6th gear, 2000-2200 rpm) I'm getting pressure readings between 40-45psi. Is this pretty close to what everyone else is getting?

Thanks in advance!

-Greg W.
That's about the same as mine and around 30-34 at idle. :cheers:

·
Registered
259 Posts
IT L GO said:
That's about the same as mine and around 30-34 at idle. :cheers:
What he ^ said AMSOIL 0W30 :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts