Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stuck in a dillemma. I want new wheels for my Z, but I don't know what to get. I would be in line for a set of CCW 505a's if they came in 18" diameter (I dont like the traction losses of 19" wheels). So, post up your ideas of wheels that are good looking, 18" sizes, and reasonably affordable (affordable being priced somewhere around the CCW's or cheaper, no $1500 a piece HRE's). If possible please include a picture on a C5 (preferably black).

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Chase

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I heard that he was going to make the 505's in 18", Because he is already making them for the new GTO. Check his site. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Lets us know what CCW says. For another 500.00 more you could get IForged. Still hundreds under HRE's. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Just as general advice, I too have a black car, and went with the CCW classics streets for a more sinister look. However, I quickly tired of them, and now have polished iForged wheels, and love the new look. I traded for these, so my cost was not too much, but really, they're (along with the various CCWs) almost reasonable compared to others. I've heard you can get them in 18s now (CCW) as stated above, and I really like the new 500s and the "old" 510s. I would have gotten one of these had I bought new, and could get the staggered 18/19 sizes.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I'm pimpin iForged...love em enough to have ordered my 3rd set a coupleof weeks ago. Wait till you see what I have coming up!

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I'm partial to iForged myself!!!
18/19 Black Aero's with a 2"/3" polished rim....awesome!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
ChaseN said:
I am stuck in a dillemma. I want new wheels for my Z, but I don't know what to get. I would be in line for a set of CCW 505a's if they came in 18" diameter (I dont like the traction losses of 19" wheels). So, post up your ideas of wheels that are good looking, 18" sizes, and reasonably affordable (affordable being priced somewhere around the CCW's or cheaper, no $1500 a piece HRE's). If possible please include a picture on a C5 (preferably black).

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Chase

I just got the first set of 18" CCW 505's with Pirelli's from John @CCW, I suggest you give him a call and get a set cut. Traction losses? My car hooks up ALOT better with the 18"/19" combo, what traction issues are you referencing?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
spdrcrj said:
I really like the Z07 wheels Nate has at Corvette Garage.
Me too :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts