Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, I can say that it definitely came as a shock to me the prices of wheels for these vehicles. Coming from the off road world, with what I thought were "expensive" wheels (like beadlocks), I had no idea these wheels would be about 4 times as expensive! I had my eyes set on a complete set of HRE P40S wheels for the Z (since I'm not a big fan of chrome), until I found out the price. Then, all of a sudden, I began to like the chrome wheels....:rofl: $1,600/each!!! Good Lord, that's a lot of money!

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Aftermarket wheels can get pricey especially HRE's (even back in the C5 Z06 era they were pricey). There are a lot of choices out there from various vendors so shop around for the best deal.

·
9,755 Posts
HREs are extremely pricey. That's why I went with CCWs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of all the ones I've looked at, the HRE P40S are the wheels that REALLY call my name. I guess I'll just hope and pray that a used set for a C6Z06 comes up for sale at a greatly discounted price.....

What makes these wheels so expensive to manufacture? Or, do companies just put a premium on the wheels because the vehicles they're made for are expensive?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts