Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to put 2002 wheel sensors on my 2002 ZO6. Can it be done? GM Part # for these is 26731358. I think it can be done. Just brake the tire down in the area of the valve stem, remve the old one and insert the sensor. One question.......how do you secure the sensor (approx. 1" square) in place? Then calibrate?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hmm....I'm not 100% sure if the z06 even comes equipped with the PCM info to monitor it....??

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The Z06 doesn't have the right model RFA. Adding the C5 wheel senders won't do anything but drain your bank account (the suckers are about $100 each). They are designed to seal with an O-Ring. They use a nut to hold them on the Rim. I do not know if a normal wheel valve-stem hole will accept the Sender type stem. It might not (since a rubber Stem is designed to seal to the wheel differently than the Sender is).

Doesn't matter anyway, since you still don't have the right RFA module. You could probably buy a C5 RFA and install it, but by the time you did this and bought Senders, you'd be looking at $1K or more.

Tire Rack sells a nice looking aftermarket system for a more reasonable $400 or so. I've been thinking of getting a setup.

Unlike the Corvette system, which needs to see the "outside" to measure relative interior tire pressure, the Tire Rack system mounts to the wheel hub and measures absolute pressure inside the wheel. This is a good thing. The tire goop might not permanently ruin it like it would a Corvette Sender, and the thing is up out of the way on the wheel hub, where the goop might not even get to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RocketSled said:
The Z06 doesn't have the right model RFA. Adding the C5 wheel senders won't do anything but drain your bank account (the suckers are about $100 each). They are designed to seal with an O-Ring. They use a nut to hold them on the Rim. I do not know if a normal wheel valve-stem hole will accept the Sender type stem. It might not (since a rubber Stem is designed to seal to the wheel differently than the Sender is).

Doesn't matter anyway, since you still don't have the right RFA module. You could probably buy a C5 RFA and install it, but by the time you did this and bought Senders, you'd be looking at $1K or more.

Tire Rack sells a nice looking aftermarket system for a more reasonable $400 or so. I've been thinking of getting a setup.

Unlike the Corvette system, which needs to see the "outside" to measure relative interior tire pressure, the Tire Rack system mounts to the wheel hub and measures absolute pressure inside the wheel. This is a good thing. The tire goop might not permanently ruin it like it would a Corvette Sender, and the thing is up out of the way on the wheel hub, where the goop might not even get to it.
Thanks....looks like someone is gona' get a deal on new sensors!
Craig

·
Registered
16 Posts
Want to put 2002 wheel sensors on my 2002 ZO6. Can it be done? GM Part # for these is 26731358. I think it can be done. Just brake the tire down in the area of the valve stem, remve the old one and insert the sensor. One question.......how do you secure the sensor (approx. 1" square) in place? Then calibrate?
Thanks!
This may be posted as a sticky post... in the Q&A

I know that this was posted a long time ago.
But I put in TPMS on my 02 Z06 about 3 years ago.
The C5 Z06 is capable of running TPMS. all you have to do is to turn on the option with a Tech3.
And the sensors I bought them brand new on eBay for $35.00 each

1 - 5 of 5 Posts