Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys i just bought a 2003 BLACK ZO6. I really love the car but the wheel weights really bother me. I want to rebalance the wheels with stick on weights. What is the best way to remove the factory weights without damaging the wheels?? tks guys

·
Registered
806 Posts
I also would like to know. My front's look horrible where the wheel weights scratched the paint off. It bugs me to the point of wanting to buy new wheels. Why would GM do this??? :screwy:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
You can have them rebalanced with the weights on the inside by any shop that is willing to take the time to do it this way. Most custom shops will do it, only a few tire shops will.

Word of caution, I would still use the clip on weights since they hold far better than stick on weights. FiveOJoe torn out a section of this rocker panel with a stick on weight that broke loose once.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Most racers use the stick on weights after computer spin balancing on preferrably a Hunter machine. This allows them to balance the wheel laterally across the rim face as well as circumferentially.

To keep the stick on's fastened, especially under race conditions a small piece of metallic tape is used . This is similar to duct tape but with stands the heat and abuse much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts