Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll

I have finally narrowed down what I want for new rims (iForged FS Flux, painted black center, 3" and 1.5" polished lip), but still have one question for you corvette gurus.

I was looking at 18x9.5 and 19x11. I want a little more meat on the rear of the car. Will the 1.5 width different between the front and back give me any issues such as handling problems? Also 11 on the back wont stick out or barely at all right? Anyone see any other concerns before I shell out the big dough (brakes and body OEM)? Thanks!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Lot of folks are running 10" wide on the front and 11" on the rear with no problems. :cheers:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, those are some nice wheels I think aeros. Do you know what the lips are on those? Is that your car, nice!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
dezballs69 said:
Dang, those are some nice wheels I think aeros. Do you know what the lips are on those? Is that your car, nice!
Not my ride. I am fairly sure that they are 19/10's and 20/11's 1 1/2" frt and 3" rear :jammin:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have IForge Aeros in 18x9.5, and 19x11, and they fit perfectly.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
exSSer,

Why did you chose 9.5 instead of increasing by .5 from stock like you did in the rear? You didn't want the tire sticking out?

·
Registered
31 Posts
dezballs69 said:
Hey Ya'll

I have finally narrowed down what I want for new rims (iForged FS Flux, painted black center, 3" and 1.5" polished lip), but still have one question for you corvette gurus.

I was looking at 18x9.5 and 19x11. I want a little more meat on the rear of the car. Will the 1.5 width different between the front and back give me any issues such as handling problems? Also 11 on the back wont stick out or barely at all right? Anyone see any other concerns before I shell out the big dough (brakes and body OEM)? Thanks!

You ever check out CCW wheels? They have some nice vette wheels....If you go on, click on the Ford gallery...my siver vert Cobra is on the site with their "classic" wheel in black brushed anodized.

www.ccw.com

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
dezballs69 said:
exSSer,

Why did you chose 9.5 instead of increasing by .5 from stock like you did in the rear? You didn't want the tire sticking out?

I traded my stock wheels for them, so I didn't have much choice. Another 1/2" wouldn't make any noticable difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts