Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Wheel width issues?

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  exSSer 
#1 ·
Hey Ya'll

I have finally narrowed down what I want for new rims (iForged FS Flux, painted black center, 3" and 1.5" polished lip), but still have one question for you corvette gurus.

I was looking at 18x9.5 and 19x11. I want a little more meat on the rear of the car. Will the 1.5 width different between the front and back give me any issues such as handling problems? Also 11 on the back wont stick out or barely at all right? Anyone see any other concerns before I shell out the big dough (brakes and body OEM)? Thanks!

#3 ·
Dang, those are some nice wheels I think aeros. Do you know what the lips are on those? Is that your car, nice!

#6 ·
I have IForge Aeros in 18x9.5, and 19x11, and they fit perfectly.

#7 ·
exSSer,

Why did you chose 9.5 instead of increasing by .5 from stock like you did in the rear? You didn't want the tire sticking out?

#8 ·
dezballs69 said:
Hey Ya'll

I have finally narrowed down what I want for new rims (iForged FS Flux, painted black center, 3" and 1.5" polished lip), but still have one question for you corvette gurus.

I was looking at 18x9.5 and 19x11. I want a little more meat on the rear of the car. Will the 1.5 width different between the front and back give me any issues such as handling problems? Also 11 on the back wont stick out or barely at all right? Anyone see any other concerns before I shell out the big dough (brakes and body OEM)? Thanks!

You ever check out CCW wheels? They have some nice vette wheels....If you go on, click on the Ford gallery...my siver vert Cobra is on the site with their "classic" wheel in black brushed anodized.

www.ccw.com

#10 ·
dezballs69 said:
exSSer,

Why did you chose 9.5 instead of increasing by .5 from stock like you did in the rear? You didn't want the tire sticking out?

I traded my stock wheels for them, so I didn't have much choice. Another 1/2" wouldn't make any noticable difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.