Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking ahead, I can see that I'm going to need wheels. I'd like to come down with a set of 17x10 front, 17x11 rear, since that's a servicable wheel size, and it complies with SCCA regs for my Z (hey, I can dream...).

I understand that post season, some folks sell off older wheels, and that those might be adequate for my lower stress track excursions. If anyone has a line on such wheels, drop me a PM. Thanks.
--Yak

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Yak,
Sounds like you are in the same position I was in in late 01. If you don't already have an SCCA GCR, you can download it here:
SCCA Rules

As I modified my car, I kept my mods in line with the SCCA rules, which ended up saving me about $5k when I broke down and had my car fully prepped for T1 by Phoenix Performance.

The two most common wheels for SCCA T1 are CCW and Kodiak. Cost for both is similar. The Kodiak's require longer wheel studs, so factor pulling the wheel bearings off and putting longer studs on if you go that route. Changing studs is doable for the weekend warrior, but also not a 10 minute job.
I use and am happy with the CCWs. John at CCW was very helpful when I bought my wheels. He knew the exact offsets and sizes for the Z06 in SCCA T1 and made up the wheels and shipped them with my tire of choice mounted and balanced. :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts