Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Detroit area had any work done by Wheels to Wheels? Thinking about some mods and looking for a good tuner in this area.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Tim:

No, haven't any experience with W 2 W, but am familiar with them. They do concept/custom work for Chevrolet, and the pace cars.

What a coincidence...I've been invited to their open house thru my local Vette club, but can't make it....I'm in Chilton, WI for the ALMS C6R race this weekend.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Tim:
Our previous Project One Lap Firehawk was "sorted" by W2W with their World Challenge (nee Motorola Cup) F-car suspension setup, resulting in a 2nd Overall in '98, as good as any solid-axle car has ever done in the One Lap... With people like Doug Goad, Jeff Beitzell, Dave Tiura and the rest, there is little they do that isn't first rate!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I haven't had any work done there either, but like Zippy said I know they are having a open house this Friday. Why have a open house on a week day :mah: Or else I would be thinking about going myself :yeadog:

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
The Open House also happens to dovetail into the Woodward Dream Cruise, this weekend. After all, where else will 40,000 hot cars and a million + people congregate? Hope the weather forecast is wrong...

·
Registered
656 Posts
PowperPro1, I was hoping to see your car at the car show last weekend at the GM Tech Center this year.... Maybe next year....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tim Garity said:
Anyone in the Detroit area had any work done by Wheels to Wheels? Thinking about some mods and looking for a good tuner in this area.
I have a friend who bought a Z06 vert from them and then had the first Corsa TI exhaust put on at their shop. The workmanship was excellent.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Show Season unfortunately, this year, is interfering with Earning Season...
We missed the Tech Centre Show, and the St. Catharines Engine Plant Show after promising Tom Laing we'd be there....
The Annual One Lap Weekend Social we host included a track session August 5th at Shannonville and after taking about 6 thousand people for rides for "Laps for Cancer", the brakes gave out...totally...and hopefully will be right by Carlisle...otherwise, "There's always next year"...
By the way, thanks to John Berger for making the trek from NH in his 427 TT LPE Z06...he put on a truly "pyrotechnic" display, which we solved on the Saturday...over "Coronas" and shrimp...and ribs...and chicken...and...
A good time for the 150 or so who showed!
As for WDC, no, the weather is like 98% rain...and I don't think MICHIGAN rain is all that much different from ONTARIO rain...
My buddy Bob Hilton was to take his Performance World-winning Super S10 Pro Tour 558" DRCE truck, but the forecast put the kybosh on that plan...
Again, "Next year"...
Sorry, folks, for the "hijack"...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts